'90 Buick Reatta Conv. for sale

Guest paul padget

Guest paul padget

We are dealers/appraisers in Cincinnati OH and have been asked to assist a neighbor with the sale of her '90 Convertible, which she bought new, has 30K well-documented and Buick-serviced miles, but has some undercarriage rust issues. (For a complete description of this car, go to vintagesalesonline.com, punch up the Speciality Cars button, then the Reatta button). We are general line appraisers of collector cars and are hardly an expert on Reattas, and would appreciate any comment - positive or otherwise - that you might make after viewing what we have posted on our website. Thank you, Paul Padget, owner Vintage Sales, in Cincinnati OH (doing speciality cars since 1962 - but mostly older MBz today.....) This message edited 2/8 as follows: To the best of our knowledge, this car is NOT one of the "Select 60"; the hood badge says "Buick....Reatta" and nothing more. Further editing 2/11: But the Broadcast Codes printout shows option "R1V- Select 60" which (it seems to us) would take precedent over the existence of a certain hood badge. Buyer should draw his own conclusions....the seller (and we, Vintage Sales) make no warranty on this issue.....

Link to pictures of the car This car is SOLD, thank you for your interest and inputs....

Edited by paul padget
vehicle sold (see edit history)

No relation

Does have the SS wheels so wonder what they base the "we believe this car is NOT one of the "Select 60"" on. Note the underside pictures are very bad and none of the cat or the brake lines. Any of my cameras could do better

Even with low milage I would agree that $10k would be high dollar and $7500 realistic based on the condition if everything else works but someone needs to inspect it closely who knows what they are looking at.

Must admit that if it were closer I would be tempted, have spent time under a Reatta before with wire brush and Rustoleum & am partial to white/red.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

Guest Richard D

I agree with our padgett, The undercarriage pictures are very hard to see to be usefull. It does look like it could be a Select 60 or a Select 60"clone" I asked if the car was driven in snow with salt, no answer yet.

I think that is a given considering the location. Question is really why are the underbody pictures so bad while the topside ones are so good. My photo editor can often pull out details but not from these.

That said my Judge has the same color combo & Delta flies direct...

The one from the front in particular with the steering cooler but it does not seem to include the battery tray. I do not see one that includes the catalytic converter either, do you ?

Those are the two places I look first but so far have not seen anything I do not know how to fix. Like the man said, a lot of sweat equity needed, If you had to hire someone it would be cheaper to spend more for a nice one.

Think the battery tray is just off the left side of the photo and need to look more straight up.

BTW this is what the underside of a '90 Bonne that was in central Florida from day one looks like and what an inexpensive camera can take. Right Jim ?

post-31022-143138171001_thumb.jpg

BTW this is what the underside of a '90 Bonne that was in central Florida from day one looks like and what an inexpensive camera can take. Right Jim ?

The '90 was in great condition; due I'm sure to it's upbringing. Sadly, I had to sell it to buy my "Trailer Puller".... Jim

• 5 months later...

The fact that it is a convertible with the Teves ABS tells us it is a '90.

The two tone Red and white interior tells us it is a Select 60.

Some '91s had two tone interiors but the only '90 with the red and white interior is the S60