Period Photo Thread - comments

Guest piercearrowpeter

I am new here..and registered because of the T-Head's original thread. The enjoyment of that thread is gone with the new system.

I have been (unfortunately !!) an Admin..Moderator and board owner..I realize the intent may be excellent but the result sometimes lacking..did changes that I reversed.

I hope the wandering..wonderful thread reopens in original form.

Sometimes the fluid wandering leads to the thrill of discovery of things we might not have thought to be of interest....

As it did with the original thread..

Please don't thin k my comments were meant as criticism toward Peter. I think he does a great job and NO! I wouldn't want his job!

My opinion is just an opinion and was only serving to express my thoughts that perhaps a vote might be in order rather than each person taking the time to write out their opinion on the matter.

Thanks.

Docc, unfortunately it appears that we have lost what was the greatest thread on the Forum. It has apparently been totally changed by the WM because it did not conform to his idea of the world of antique cars. I have checked with several tech friends who have assured me that there was absolutely no problem with this thread as originally constructed.

What a shame, I don't think Peter really understands the principles involved here.

I voice my opinion that the original long thread was better to Peter in a PM soon after it showed up, he gave me the answer about to long a thread. I can live with it either way but preferred just scrolling down one long list.

I take the blame for Peter extending the PreWar to 1945, when I pointed out many cars were made in 1942 before the war shut down and a few civilian and many military vehicles were being left out in 1943-45. Didn't really care which group they were put with but they seem to have more kinship with PreWar if you are lumping over hundred years into two buckets.

Please don't think my comments were meant as criticism toward Peter. I think he does a great job and NO! I wouldn't want his job!

My opinion is just an opinion and was only serving to express my thoughts that perhaps a vote might be in order rather than each person taking the time to write out their opinion on the matter.

Thanks.

No Mike, I'm not accusing you of criticizing Peter. I'm just making you aware that he does a job that a lot of us wouldn't want to do, and to help you keep that in perspective. I know I wouldn't want to do anything to intentionally disrespect him or what he does. I'm sure he has a legitimate reason, and sooner or later, you'll see it.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, it has been two weeks or more since I have been able to really get on this subject but I hope you will forgive me for the wait. Our annual meeting and AACA book took preference.

Without belaboring the subject, I did tell several of you that Peter and I would meet in Philly to discuss changes to the website. We also would discuss the pre-war forum as there was a difference of opinion what worked the best.

Quite frankly, I personally liked the original format that began this great subject. Peter, who is our forum expert and webmaster felt we could do a better job with a different format. Some of you disagreed. It is why some people like Vanilla and some Chocolate yet both like ice cream. I asked everyone to give us some time to see if the new format would work and that our webmaster and I would review the subject at our annual meeting.

Before we could do this, it looks like some things occurred that were unfair to Peter as he was just trying to do his best in managing the forums for the club (his pay which is zero goes unrecognized). There were some allegations made that were just not true and I would understand if our webmaster was defensive.

After Peter realized that there was a group who enjoyed the original format he changed it back and left an alternate idea. Sort of like having your cake and eat it to in my opinion!

I bring this up only to point out that the club continues to pour a significant amount of resources and money into this website and people need to "give a break" to our webmaster and moderators. Constructive criticism is great but be fair and give things a chance.

Finally, Peter and the rest of the team will be finishing a complete redesign of the website to make it more user friendly (don't worry, the forums are staying essentially the same). We will have many new features and hopefully 100's of videos in the future. Stayed tuned for the new look and new features.

The point is that these forums are here to serve so be understanding and we will try to be as well. We want what is best for our members and for everyone else. Thanks.

Edited by Steve Moskowitz
can't spell (see edit history)