New Bern Grand National registration

Guest K Code

When will the registration form for the AACA Grand National in New Bern, NC be posted on the web site? I'd like to regrister online if possible.

Speaking of registration Steve.... Time for my annual question once again...

Will AACA members who wish to, be able to register for the 2010 Meets on line be able to do the entire process that way??

In the past if a member registered on line they still had to print out the documents and mail them along with payment.

Obviously, those people that still want to request the cards for meets, fill them out and mail them back should be able to do that as well.

IIRC the last few years we have been told that this was being worked on.

Just wondering if this project has been completed or not????

Thanks....

Gentlemen,

You can register for the meet by using the mail-in form that went out with the latest issue of Antique Automobile. (The sheet that shows your mailing address and Member number)

You can also register online by visiting the AACA Member Login Page. http://members.aaca.org/login.asp The Grand National Meet has been recently added to the list of events.

I hope that helps.

Jeb

Guest windjamer

Jeb, the form that comes with the Antique Auto is no more than a request for the registration forms. I have rec. the registration form for Canandaigue in June but have NOT rec. the form for New Bern, has any one rec. it yet??

when i registered on line for Canandaigu 20 minutes ago it seems to have required to print the form and mail it and a check.

Thanks, I saw that too a few days after I posted my question for Steve. :(

Obviously Steve must be really busy and could not answer my question earlier in this thread. Once the annual meeting is done, I have no doubt Steve will answer my questions posted earlier in this thread.

I have to wonder if the "Marching Orders" from a few years ago to get the FULL On-Line Registration up and running have been changed by the Board of Directors??? Looking forward to hearing this year's explanation. :D

Obviously Steve must be really busy and could not answer my question earlier in this thread. Once the annual meeting is done, I have no doubt Steve will answer my questions posted earlier in this thread.

I have to wonder if the "Marching Orders" from a few years ago to get the FULL On-Line Registration up and running have been changed by the Board of Directors??? Looking forward to hearing this year's explanation. :D

Steve and I were both in Philly at the Annual Meeting, and trust me when I say this, Steve was running his butt off. .........AGAIN!!!:(:(:(

on Saturday I attended the Registration Chairman's Seminar at the Annual Meeting. If you had any idea how much stuff that it takes to be a registration chairman, you would be amazed. If you saw firsthand the software that National has to help the registration chairman do their job, you'd be even more amazed!!

The credit card billing is not up and running, it's not an easy task, and always remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. I haven't seen too many people work harder than Steve, and I know that when he can get the time to get 'er done, he will.

That boy worked so darn hard at Philly this past week to the point where he even managed to grow a beard in that short time, and even to the point where it had turned white.:D:D

Steve and I were both in Philly at the Annual Meeting, and trust me when I say this, Steve was running his butt off. .........AGAIN!!!:(:(:(

on Saturday I attended the Registration Chairman's Seminar at the Annual Meeting. If you had any idea how much stuff that it takes to be a registration chairman, you would be amazed. If you saw firsthand the software that National has to help the registration chairman do their job, you'd be even more amazed!!

The credit card billing is not up and running, it's not an easy task, and always remember that Rome wasn't built in a day. I haven't seen too many people work harder than Steve, and I know that when he can get the time to get 'er done, he will.

That boy worked so darn hard at Philly this past week to the point where he even managed to grow a beard in that short time, and even to the point where it had turned white.:D:D

No doubt Steve works hard. Also realize Rome was not built in a day.

Instead of continuing to post about this in this thread I will create a new one.

From speaking with the New Bern register chair the registrations are in the final proof stage and almost complete and should be mailing soon. You may want to give a call to one of the meet chairpersons if you have any questions. As I stated in a previous thread many don't follow the form or even have a computer. Unfortunately this is a reality.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest windjamer
:D Pony exp. brought mine this am. I was starting to think Steve might have to extend the dead line, but looks like thats not going to happen. ( Ihad anouther thought but I better not:D ) Sorry Steve, just busting, Good lord willing an creaks dont rise see you at New Bern.:)

• 1 month later...

Guys,

Trailer parking (for those that have registered to park) will be determined by the local chapter guys that are coordinating the parking. The plan is to start with the closest areas first, then move to the next closest lot until it fills etc. Parking spaces will be assigned at the host hotel (Hilton Inn formerly the Sheraton Inn). One exception, that I am aware of, is that one lot has been earmarked for the really big rigs.

I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

See ya there

Guys,

Trailer parking (for those that have registered to park) will be determined by the local chapter guys that are coordinating the parking. The plan is to start with the closest areas first, then move to the next closest lot until it fills etc. Parking spaces will be assigned at the host hotel (Hilton Inn formerly the Sheraton Inn). One exception, that I am aware of, is that one lot has been earmarked for the really big rigs.

I hope that answers your questions. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

See ya there

Jeb, Forgive me for asking but after reading you post I had a "senior" moment.

When you say "closest areas first" am I correct in believeing that you mean closest to the Host Hotel? My trailer is registered for parking, is not a really big rig and I have a reservation at the host hotel. I looked at the host hotel area on Google Earth the other day. It appears that there are a number of parking lots around the host hotel but some of them may belong to other businesses and not the hotel.

Also, any idea of what day of the week the trailer parking will start to be available? (ie Wednesday or Thursday) Are there any set times of the day when one can or cannot be pulling in to park a trailer? Most meets contract for parking from a certain date to a certain date and I was wondering how New Bern is handling that.

Sorry about all the questions but I am trying to back schedule my trip and determine what my departure day and time might be.

Thanks for any information you or members of the local Chapter can provide.

Guest B Rose

This will be our 1st time in New Bern. I understand the show will be on the streets in town?

How far away will the trailers be?

Will there be assigned parking spots for the show cars, or is it 1st come, 1st serve?

Yes, the vehicles are parked on the blocked off streets, and a few parking lots, of the older section of New Bern. It is a great place for a show, the town is awesome, the folks are great and because of that we go every time they have a show. We don't have a show car yet but we do judge. :)

Guest jeb

Guys,

I'm back with some answers for you. I hope I've covered everything. If not, let me know.

Q) When you say "closest areas first" am I correct in believeing that you mean closest to the Host Hotel?

A) Closest first? Yes, closest to the host hotel and the show field. Actually, all of the lots are pretty convenient to the show field.

Q) It appears that there are a number of parking lots around the host hotel but some of them may belong to other businesses and not the hotel.

A) Correct, we have specific parking areas in the downtown area that we have insured and they will be patrolled.

Q) Also, any idea of what day of the week the trailer parking will start to be available?

A) You can park as early as 8:00 am Wednesday (May 12th).

Q) Are there any set times of the day when one can or cannot be pulling in to park a trailer?

A) The parking guys will be starting at 8:00 am each day and wrap up at 6:00 pm. Folks that come in after hours will be given directions to one of the lots. We can't promise they will have any assistance at the lot after hours.

Q) Most meets contract for parking from a certain date to a certain date and and I was wondering how New Bern is handling that.

A) Again, parking will be available beginning at 8:00 am Wednesday. There isn't any specific time the lots must be cleared out that I am aware of.

Additional Q&As.

Q) How far away will the trailers be?

A) Not too far. The trailer lots were selected for their proximity. While some lots are closer than others, this is a small town and the everything is close by.

Q) Will there be assigned parking spots for the show cars, or is it 1st come, 1st serve?

A) Show car parking will be arranged by class. Spaces will be labelled for each car.

Q) Sorry about all the questions but I am trying to back schedule my

trip and determine what my departure day and time might be

A) No problem. I can imagine how stressful it could be towing my

collector car in to a strange city with no plan or direction. These

are great questions.

Thanks and have a safe trip

John

Guest jeb

I have a short update to one of the parking answers.

For the people that need to park between 6:00 pm and 8:00 am, look for the 40' black and orange motor home located in front of the host hotel near Craven St. Charles Robinson will be available to take you to a parking spot.

Thanks

John

I have a short update to one of the parking answers.

For the people that need to park between 6:00 pm and 8:00 am, look for the 40' black and orange motor home located in front of the host hotel near Craven St. Charles Robinson will be available to take you to a parking spot.

Thanks

John

John,

Thank you for answering the trailer parking questions. :D

Also, thanks to Charles Robinson for being the "after hours" trailer parking "welcoming committee". :D

I understand there is a bike rally in New Bern the same weekend?

In addition to other activities for the New Bern 300th celebration there is a scheduled Bike event: New Bern Chamber of Commerce - Calendar of Events

No doubt there will be plenty to see and do while in New Bern. :D

BTW, does anyone from the hosting Region know how many vehicles are registered for this Grand National?

Edited by charlier (see edit history)

Guest billybird

I just spoke with a member of the First Capital Chapter last week and he told me there were 517 registered for the A.G.N.M.