After Long Thread, a majority opinion?

Dynaflash8

Earl,

I hope your application is successful, and that your Buick is certified.

Following that, I hope to see my 1937 Buick Model 80C Phaeton certified as well.

Best wishes,

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it's finally warmed back up here in Florida. I sent a second package this week, this one of statistical stuff, and it has been received. So, there is nothing more I can do except sit back and see what the verdict is. If anyone else wishes to send a letter of support, be my guest.

Only 20 more days until the AACA Convention in Philadelphia when, after 15 years of service on the Board, I'm going into retirement. It was a good ride, and I enjoyed almost every minute of it.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Well Buick guys, the meeting is Feb 21 coming up and we'll see if I was able to send enough documentation on the 1941 and earlier Buick Series 70 and 80 to turn the heads of the Committee at all. I did my best and what will be, will be. I didn't include the 1942 model 70 as it is too similar to the 1946-48 model 70. It's always best not to over extend.

Earl,

Today is Tuesday 2/25/10. What is the result of the meeting and presentation of your request for your car? for my car? I certainly hope that they recognized the large series Buicks of these years.

The Committee meets and reviews the materials; or, that is what I understand. If they vote for the proposal it then still has to be presented to the entire membership. That is how I understand it. If they turn the proposal down, then I guess the presenter is sent a letter, or maybe a letter either way. There hasn't been time for a letter to be written, mailed and received here in Florida. Most Clubs and other organizations don't conduct business with members by email or open website. So, Marty, I think it's a case of being patient.

Hello Folks. I submitted a large amount of background and supporting information. I have been told that because of this, the Committee will study that information and reflect on my application again at the next meeting in June. Have patience. I think I did a good job with the support information. We were not summarily rejected, and I appreciate that, as we all should.