'49 -'54 Pontiac Windshield Washer Bottle

Guest kencary

Guest kencary

The washer bottle is missing on my 1951 Pontiac. In the trunk I have what appears to be the cap and fittings that go on top of the bottle but I am not sure.

Can somebody post a picture of an intact washer system so that I can see it?

Ken

Guest kencary

Thanks That helps. Can you tell me where the hoses connect?

I clearly have the cap and fittings, but not the bottle. I am going to hunt around for a bottle that will come close. It almost looks like a Ball or Mason Jar would fit.

Any suggestions?

BTW. Very sharp engine compartment. Mine needs some sprucing up to match the outside. I noticed you firewall is the same color as the body. Is this orginal or was your's repainted?

My firewalls and inner fenders are black while the original body was Berkshire Green. Mine was not a deluxe-- not sure it that matters.

Guest 49 Streamliner

It was repainted by a previous owner. According to the paint code, it was originally Coventry Gray. The shade of green it is now was not actually available in 49. I'm not sure if the firewall was the same as the body color. The inner fenders are flat black.

I'll take a closer look at the routing of the windshield washer hoses and get back to you.

Guest kencary

No need to dig into the hose routing. A guy on the POCI forum send me a pdf of the orgininal Trico install manual that shows this detail. If you want this just go to the POCI forum or PM me.

Thanks anyway. The picture was very helpful.

Ken