Trailer research

i am buying my first 24foot enclosed car trailer. can anyone let my know what brands are good or bad . i have read the posts and have gotten great info on size and opitions but there are so many brands and prices . i just what a safe trailer to go to meets 4 or 5 times a year.thanks for any help

Guest billybird

I had a Haulmark that I was completely satisfied with for 12 years. The only reason I traded was for more room and I wanted to try a gooseneck. Whatever brand you decide on I would stay away from Carlisle tires. This is strictly from my own experience.

Just ordered an American Hauler Enclosed Falcon Model 22 footer with 10K rated torsion axles, radial tires, two spares, 80" rear door height, and side vents rather than roof.

Also had the factory add an electric tongue jack, winch, and D rings.

This is the first enclosed trailer I have purchased and took the advise of many of the guys that responded to the post.

I will let you all know what we think of the trailer once we get some miles on it.

I will haul our 3600 pound Stutz with a 2009 Ford F250 and will use sway and equalizer controls. The F250 has an integrated brake controller.

We will tow maybe 3 or 4 times a year.

Thanks for all of the good comments.

Guest billybird

Congratulations on your purchase! I'm sure you'll enjoy the trailer. Theres alot of peace of mind with an enclosed trailer. Sounds like you have a great tow vehicle also. Enjoy!

Keep it indoors. My stuff stays pristine.

You can buy block buidings for far less than they cost to build. Many people are buying industrial buildings and using them for storage. Buy more than you need, 'cause you'll fill it up. I know people that store their trailer with the car in it.

I don't think real estate is going to get a lot cheaper.

Put good insurance on the trailer as well as the car inside of it. Remember people think their trailer is covered under their tow vehicle insurance policy.

It is as long as it is hooked to the tow. As soon as you unhook so does the insurance. We carry a free standing policy on the trailer.

An old bud of mine was a repo man for GMAC. There was not a car he could not open in 30 seconds. I've never forgotten that. If a pro wants it say goodbye.

IMHO

Guest billybird
Keep it hooked to the tow vehicle with a padlock securing the hitch to the ball and the truck locked up and you will greatly reduce the chance of problems.

Amen!

Ask the people you bought the trailer from about "trailer DNA". It was only 25.00 when I bought my 4th trailer 3 years ago. Also I have my trailer insured through Haggerty's at agreed value just like my old cars.