My Original Olds Jetfire Found!!!!!!!!

kid442

Just put 110 miles on the car in the last week. Runs great. Had the muffler shop install a Waldron's exhaust system I purchased. Four hours later and a bunch of $$$ but came out great. Still have a few gaskets more and a bunch of other items but the list is getting shorter.

003.JPG

004.JPG

Edited by kid442 (see edit history)

8 hours ago, kid442 said:

Quick update. Painted the wheels white. I think it's a big improvement!

I agree -- looks great!  For the life of me, I can't understand the fixation with black wheels on newer cars today.  I don't like that look at all and wonder whether it's just an acknowledgement that the owner is too lazy to be bothered with cleaning the brake dust off of their wheels...  <_<

• 4 months later...
OK here is the latest update. Just installed a posi rear new shocks and 1/2" lowering springs. The rear is from a 1961 Buick Special and there were a bunch of changes made the Job much harder than needed. A little farmer engineering and its in. Going to get the car to the Hershey AACA car show this Oct.

DSC06510.JPG

DSC06506.JPG

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Hershey update
Made the first Hershey with the Jetfire. It was a blast!! Had judges stopping all day thanking us for bringing the car. Few hundred people stopped also. Most had never seen one before. The car was a big hit! I will let you know how we made out with the judging. Takes a few weeks but the car is not done. Drove over 600 miles no problem! Had a few people stop that had been following the progress on the AACA website blog I have going.
Thanks to all
Ken

U8Cg65A.jpg
MGj5K14.jpg
8rH0DdW.jpg
  • Like 2

Dale

Thanks for the post! Had a great time at Hershey!! It was great to get it to a car show after 8 years of work. Still a lot left to go but working on it a little at a time. Hope to be back next year.

Be well

Ken

PS: still have a few good stories about getting parts cars home.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Next update. Made the Oldsmobile National meet in Gettysburg, PA Drove the car 4 hours both ways. Came away with a first place award. Very happy!! Still more details to add car is coming together.Caught up with a lot of old Olds friends.

07qtTYy.jpg

MfFVM43.jpg

• 8 months later...

New update! Installed the correct 10" flywheel, clutch assy, and super T10. The stock t10 had a 2:56 first gear and was hard to get it moving with slipping the clutch. The new trans has a 3:42 first gear. That makes a big difference!! Next install the new replated rear bumper. Still more to do!!

2hcy75R.jpg

QTOFkSz.jpg

LGhNaSU.jpg?1

• 2 months later...

Ken,

Had a '62 Jetfire, but sold before finishing, sold long ago.  Found a pristine console and T-10, amazing stack of NOS parts, but my heart wasn't in it.  Anyway, my plan was to install these Toyota wheels, thought they'd look great.  Scott

1982 - 1986 Toyota Supra Celica Wheel Rim Factory Machined 14x7" OEM 69144 + Cap