2010 Eastern Division Spring Meet

ex98thdrill

Hi All- My name is Bill Preston and when I am not lurking here I agreed to be Field Marshall for Pat and the EDSM. Since I had that foolish semi-senior moment and I just read this entire thread I thought I would pitch in.

Pat is working his tail off on this meet! Even this thread was new to me and I was amazed at how much info he has put up. Peter, I also appreciate the new Forum for Meets, that is how I saw it.

Now I have to update some of Pat's info before he really has my butt in big, highly mounted sling!

- There are three parking areas at FLCC (Finger Lakes Comm College) campus we are using. The spectator parking is the front lot and is about 540 cars.

- The upper lot is smaller and we will use it for RV parking for the meet. It will be dry camping only and can probably hold forty-fifty rigs. It is "upper" because it is on top of a hill on the other side of the academic buildings near the athletic fields. A reasonable fee will be charged.

- The largest lot on the west side of the campus will be our main area with multiple uses. It is about 2700 normal parking spaces in size. As Pat said, all this is on pavement

At this time I have laid out a blueprint to include room for 700 show vehicles with flexibility to expand as needed. Adjacent to the show field will be room for the flea market and car corral including AACA souvenir tent, etc. After setting aside parking for our workers and judges next to that we will have room for about 150 trailers on site to fill the lot. This trailer parking is for classes 1-17 roughly, or all the race cars and early cars. We will have enough other parking within 1-2 miles for another 200 trailers or more. None of this parking will require driving on main roads to get to the show field.

The flex in my plan comes at the expense of on site trailers. I can expand the show field very easily but it cuts down on available parking. Also the field will include two (for now) food courts. Judging administration and a few events will be held at CMAC Performing Art Center, about 500 yards from the show field, within the campus.

I know Pat is optimistic but I cannot handle 2700 show cars, 333 trailers and a flea market on site! Sometimes you just gotta reel the boss back in off that thin branch! Now- if you all really WANT to show up with 2700 vehicles we'll figure it out. It'll be three weeks of sleepless work at the last minute in May but hey, sleep is highly over rated at times........ Bill

I know Pat is optimistic but I cannot handle 2700 show cars, 333 trailers and a flea market on site! Sometimes you just gotta reel the boss back in off that thin branch! Now- if you all really WANT to show up with 2700 vehicles we'll figure it out. It'll be three weeks of sleepless work at the last minute in May but hey, sleep is highly over rated at times........ Bill

In all honesty, it seems like this meet is getting bigger, and bigger and bigger. At first my initial thoughts were 400-600 cars, and the estimates keep growing. I'll be the first to admit that it isn't optimism, it's FEAR!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Bill is working his tail off too, and since my last post on this thread, Bill and I have secured the overflow trailer parking. This parking will be on Lakeshore Drive in Canandaigua. This parking is smack dab between the host hotel and the banquet facility. Some of this will be blacktop, gravel or grass. The bottom line is the quicker you come to town, the better parking spot that you can get.

Across the street from the trailer parking is Kershaw Park, so other than a few trees and traffic going by, you will have an unobstructed view of the lake from trailer parking. To the east side of Kershaw Park is Steamboat Landing where Judge's Breakfast, Hospitality, Registration, Thursday night Activity and the Awards Banquet will all be taking place. There is a trail that will allow you to walk from trailer parking to the banquet facility along the lake.

At the east end of the overflow trailer parking will be a Hess station where you can gas up the truck, trailer and show car. Besides gas, the Hess station has a Blimpie Sub counter, and has everything that any other mini mart would have. Next to that is an auto parts store.

To the north of the trailer parking lot there is a plaza that has a Burger King, Tim Horton's, Wendy's, McDonald's, Subway, Ponderosa Steakhouse and Pontillo's Pizza.

In either case, you will have many amenities within a very short distance.

I'll also inform you all that on Thursday night we will have an ice cream social at the banquet facility but instead of having Laurel & Hardy movies, we'll have a presentation put on by a man with a last name Gillespie. I can't think of his first name (I've never met him), but he is a historian and an artist who will discuss wince country and the history of Watkins Glen International, the home of New York's Thunder Road!! He will have his artwork on display and for sale at our meet as well. So come on in Thursday night, enjoy the ice cream, and learn a little but about the history of road racing in New York. Hear stories about guys like Paul Newman, Briggs Cunningham and the other drivers and cars that turned laps.

Just to give you a heads up, it has come to my attention that the Lake Erie Region has already booked a block of 40 rooms at the Super 8 in Canandaigua. If you want to book a room close to the showfield, it needs to be done NOW!!!

Well time to get off of my soapbox and respond to e-mails. As I've said, the more that I can put out, the less questions that I'll have to answer. The best thing that everyone can do for me is forward this information to your local regions to the people who don't have computers. The fewer phone calls and e-mails that I can answer, the more that I can get done for the meet.

My presence on the forum has been very limited at best, but not because of being upset with anyone.

Thanks,

Pat.

PS. The meet starts 7 months from tomorrow!!

• 2 weeks later...

See you there Ted. The easiest way for you would be to take I-90 and get off at Thruway exit #44 (mile marker #346) and head south on Route 332. Route #332 ends at Canandaigua Lake and takes you right past the show field.

Just so you know, the Super 8 is about a 1-1/4 miles northwest of the show field, and it is right on Routes 5&20. The Super 8 is the closest "chain" motel to the show field.

If you want to take the long and scenic route, you can pick up Route #20 right in downtown Albany between the Governor's mansion and the state capitol building. If you're hauling your car in on a trailer, I'd get on the Thruway and pay the tolls. The governor needs the money to get re-elected next year.:eek::eek::eek:

Just to give you a heads up, it has come to my attention that the Lake Erie Region has already booked a block of 40 rooms at the Super 8 in Canandaigua. If you want to book a room close to the showfield, it needs to be done NOW!!!

Another one bites the dust....

I called this hotel this morning and booked my room.

The nice lady that took my reservation did not know about the AACA block of rooms until she checked "The Book". Then she knew what I was talking about. :D

Pat thanks once again to you and the others working this event for keeping AACA Members informed. Now back to work... You have less than 7 months left until the meet. ;):D

Pat thanks once again to you and the others working this event for keeping AACA Members informed. Now back to work... You have less than 7 months left until the meet. ;):D
Charlie I appreciate your support. With the meet being 6-1/2 months out I don't know if I should be scared or happy. This has already been 2 years of beating the bushes to make this happen, plus the e-mails and phone calls I have had my hands full. At this point I don't know if June, 2010 will bring fear or relief. Once the meet is over it'll mean less of a workload, but as the event gets closer the fear will increase.

You have my word that I'm trying to see that my region provides everyone with a quality meet, but when I've never been in the management aspect of a national meet there will be mistakes made and we're doing our best. I have a good group of people behind me, but this is no small task.

To add to the insult I'm also deep into tearing down and re-building a new firehouse in East Bloomfield. I am chairman of the board, I have to answer to the village and town boards, work with the membership of the fire department, the architect, the grant writers, the financial people, etc. I also have to get a referendum passed with the taxpayers authorizing me to spend almost 3 million dollars of their money.

When I can get everyone off of my back and get the approval, I then will have to ensure that the contractors get everything done on time and according to contract. The building will be levelled and rebuilt on its' original site. During this time, the town's 1934 Diamond 'T' pumper will be sharing a building with our two antique Canandaigua fire trucks.:):)

To top it off I'm getting calls from the media about the firehouse and the meet, so I have many irons in the fire. There are times when I have a tough time keeping up, and they're times when I can't keep up.

Bear in mind, this is all over and above my full time job.

If I don't get back to you guys in a timely manner, go easy on me...

• 2 weeks later...

****MEET UPDATE****

Our brochure is on our region website, go to www.gvacs.com and click on the link for the meet. We may add a thing or two on the ladies luncheon, but everything else is nailed down.

WINE TOUR

Just to give you another update, the weekend prior to Thanksgiving my wife and I did a dry run on the wine tour in an attempt to identify the best places to go. My wife is in charge of the tours.

If you plan on attending Judging School, I do not think we will be able to get you back from the wine tour on time for school. If you plan on judging at our meet and want the wine tour, I'd recommend that you get your Judging School in prior to attending our meet.

For those interested parties, the plan is to charter a bus for the wine tour and go around Seneca Lake. Seneca Lake is the largest of the finger lakes, and there are over 60 wineries on and around Seneca Lake.

At this point and time our intention is to stop at three wineries on the east side of Seneca Lake, and three wineries on the west side of Seneca Lake. My wife and I have been taking the time to decide which wineries can accomodate a bus and a group on a bus, find a place to serve lunch, and then pick the best 6 wineries out of the 60, and try to limit the time spend at each winery at 45 minutes per winery. This is no easy task, so please bear with us.

If the numbers on the tours are up high, we will charter a second bus, send one bus down the west side of Seneca Lake, one bus down the east side of Seneca Lake, and most likely the two will either have lunch at the same spot, or will pass each other in the Watkins Glen area.

The bus is scheduled to depart at 9:30 and most likely won't be back until around 4pm. We cannot leave any sooner because the wineries do not open until 10am. Because of the late opening time for the wineries, we cannot leave earlier to get the buses back in time. Even if you're not a drinker and someone with you is, it's worth the bus ride just for the view.

Five years ago after the AGNM was in Buffalo, Peter Heizmann stopped by to visit my dad and I, as well as see our car collection, along with the town's antique fire truck, and the collection of my father's best friend, Roger Hawkins. When Peter left our house, I sent him down Route #14, and he followed half of the wine tour route on his way home.

Friday night after Judging Schools, we're going to the Friday night activity at the same amphitheater where the Roundtable Discussion and Judging School will be taking place. We'll have a bluegrass band performing, and a catered meal. I'm not sure what the meal will be, but I'm sure you'll have a good meal, and the entertainment will be even better.

In either case, we're not doing a perfect meet, but I've got a very good group of people behind me that are working very hard to give you all a good show. We will be set up at Philly with fliers and information, so you can speak with me at Philly, visit the website, or contact me.

Thank you.

Edited by ex98thdrill (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes the Super 8 is the closest chain hotel. If you go out 10-15 miles, you have a lot more chain hotels pop up, and depending on which way you're coming from, I have been advising people to stay at places between where they're coming from and the show field.

There are some mom and pop motels that are close, some of them are good, some of them are not.

- If you want to go someplace close, clean, and cheap, go with the LaFayette (it's small and only about 13 rooms). - If you want the nicest place in town, go with the Inn on the Lake,

- If you want the closest chain, then go with the Super 8.

- If the price is right, and you want to drive a few miles, I personally would check out the cabins at Onanda Park. Onanda Park is on the west side of the lake, and it's one of the nicest places on the lake. The park borders high dollar residential property, and the Sheriff's Department docks the boat there, so there's not a lot of issues there.

- If the Super 8 is full and you want a chain hotel, go to Geneva to the east, or Victor to the northwest.

- If you want a gorgeous view and a place that has a golf course, go with Bristol Harbor.

Within a 12 mile radius there are 700 hotel rooms. If you open the radius up to 20 miles, your choices broaden. Of course there are a lot more rooms in the Rochester area, but Rochester has higher taxes and higher crime.

I just booked at the Lafayette. Thanks for that heads up. It is just the type of place we like to stay at, small and friendly. Very nice lady took our reservation and said she had just a couple of rooms left. Bout $70/nite, all up price...............Bob

And what more would a person need for a couple of nights

Believe it or not Bob, my phone has rang several times on this. Some people only want a chain hotel/motel, some want something that is clean and inexpensive while some don't even care about price at all.

I had one other that I sent to the LaFayette who told me that his mom was in her late 80's, her mobility isn't that good, and he wanted a place where she could get in and out of it easy, and wouldn't have to walk that far. Mrs. Casella has operated the LaFayette for several years, she's an honorable person who runs a good business. The restaurant that she has out front is pretty good for a local diner.

I've had former AACA national presidents call me, and I also had a guy who called and told me that money was no object and that he wanted the nicest place in town.

Usually when someone calls me, I try to ask what they're bringing in for a car just so I can get an idea what's coming. In the case where the guy who said he didn't care about price, he'll be driving in with his AMC Gremlin er, I mean he'll be trailering in his Ferrari.:D:D

To be honest with you some of these e-mails and phone calls pertaining to the show are very entertaining at times. What I get a kick out of is that seeing a Ferrari in Canandaigua is not a common thing.

Guys, I will say this, I'm not trying to steer business away from any one place, but I would try to avoid the Wood Ridge Motel. It is very close to the showfield, but there are often people on subsidized housing staying there, and a majority of the 911 dispatchers are very familiar with the establishment.

In Geneva there is a Microtel currently under construction about 12 miles east of the showfield.

Sounds like you're doing a great job, Pat. You, and others of course, are putting in a lot of work and I'm certain it's going to be a great event. I can appreciate different folks wanting different accomodations and it being hard to satisfy all. When I was gainfully employed I traveled for a living and enjoyed a very liberal expense account and so stayed in best of hotels. Now when we travel (on my dime) we truly like, and seek out, the mom and pop cabin type motels. They're remembered after the cookie cutter chain type hotel rooms are long forgotten.

I think I'll be bringing my 39 Chevy pick up. It's 12 years out of restoration, has never been shown at a AACA meet, and is a semi driver but still shows OK. I'm sure it won't make first junior but that's OK. It's fun to show and folks seem to really like it. Thanks again.........Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)

I think I'll be bringing my 39 Chevy pick up. It's 12 years out of restoration, has never been shown at a AACA meet, and is a semi driver but still shows OK. I'm sure it won't make first junior but that's OK. It's fun to show and folks seem to really like it. Thanks again.........Bob
Hey you never know. That truck will be in Class #22-B along with our 1937 Plymouth pickup. Our truck is the one shown on all of the advertising.

As for a First Junior, I can relate to your heartache. Get the truck checked out by someone with judging experience, and try to make any corrections that you need to make. You might even surprise yourself. It seems in the last couple of years that the truck class is growing, and when the class grows so doesn't your competition. We managed to get to Senior Grand National with the Plymouth, but due to the lack of parts on the Plymouth trucks, it hasn't been an easy task.

I'll be in Philly, so if I don't see you there, I'll see you in June.

By the way, thanks for your kind words. The show may not come off perfect, but we're trying to do the best we can.

• 1 month later...

****UPDATE*****

Thursday I approved the draft of the registration card for our meet. I expect that registration will go live within three weeks.

ALso, My region will be set up with literature and merchandise promoting our meet in Philly. We will bre reserving two tables that we will have staffed by GVACS members. We'll be selling our meet souvenier posters, T-shirts, and our cookbook titled "Good cooking and car looking." We will also have meet brochures and hotel information there to hand out for interested parties.

As meet chairman, I will be there from Thursday through Sunday morning, and my registration chairperson (Diane Herrmann) will also be there to answer any questions and be of assistance.

• 2 weeks later...
Is the friday night dinner a formal thing or just casual no suit and tie thanks jack
The Friday night dinner is a casual thing. The Friday night event is intended to be a social event, and fun. Even Steve Moskowitz will tell you, that he never sees me in a suit and tie, so I'm not about to wear that stuff any more than I absolutely have to. Besides, the bluegrass band that's playing is a very laid back group of guys (most of them retired) too. I don't go to a lot of the Friday night events, but I don't recall in any meet that I've been to where the Judging School and Friday night activity has been held in an amphitheater.

Of course with the Awards Banquet taking place, and with me being the Meet Chairman, history is about to be broken. Of course if it comes down to being dressed up, versus being late to the banquet because I'm still wrapping things up on the show field, I'll be on time and not worry about the tie.

In either case, I hope I haven't missed anything pertaining to this meet and getting stuff done. The guys who are playing Friday night are a good group, and I'm sure you'll like them. They have a knack of doing something that appeals to everyone.

Just to let you all know, Registration is now open online!! I just registered one of my own cars for the meet, so I know it works!!

Also, for those of you going to Philly, either me or one of the representatives from my region will be set up with two tables with brochures, hotel information, and to answer any and all questions pertaining to our meet that you may have.

On a merchandise standpoint, we'll be selling our commemorative posters, cookbooks, and T-shirts. Feel free to stop by and chat, buy some merchandise, and pick up any answers to your questions. Of course as Meet Chairman I will be required to sit in on some of the seminars, but if I'm not around our table, someone will be. Our table will be set up Thursday, Friday and Saturday to serve your needs.

See you in Philly!!

when i registered on line for Canandaigu 20 minutes ago it seems to have required to print the form and mail it and a check.

If you have never registered online, you have to print your form and mail in your check to our registration chairperson (Diane Herrmann). After attending the registration chairman's seminar yesterday in Philly, and learning the registration process for entering a car for an AACA Meet, until Diane receives your check, you will show on our computer, but you will not be registered. What works for me when I bring a car to a meet is to send a self addressed stamped envelope in with your form and we will mail it back to you as your proof of confirmation.

Credit Card billing is only available for Judge's Registration. The system of paying for meet registration by credit card is not available for our meet and will not be available for our meet. This has nothing to do with our region, and from a logistical standpoint, this is not easy for national to implement this. I have already found out from the vantage point from a Meet Chairman, that National has a very difficult job, and they do very well with the tools that they have to work with.

Also while we're online, I was approached by an individual who had reserved a room at the Canandaigua Inn on the Lake at $199 a night. The Canandaigua Inn on the Lake has three levels of rooms. The lowest price room is in the mid $100 range, the medium priced room is $199 a night, and the higher priced room is over $300 a night. I tried to reserve the rooms at the lower priced level, but I was also given a block of rooms of the medium priced rooms. As in the case of any vacation resort that you visit, a waterfront view will always cost you more money.

If you book a room at the Canandaigua Inn on the Lake, you may want to reserve the lower priced rooms. Of course if the block of lower priced rooms are already booked, then you will have no choice but to take the more expensive room if you want to stay there. Please understand that I have no control which set of rooms that the desk clerks book you in.

Being that there aren't any activities taking place at any hotel, you may want to explore a bed and breakfast establishment. The Bed & Breakfast eastablishments should be lower in price, quieter at night, and still be close to the showfield.

Also understand that if you fan out 20 miles from the showfield, there are hotels in Wayne, Seneca and Yates Counties that have rooms. The closer communities to our show field outside Ontario County include Penn Yan, Seneca Falls, Waterloo, Palmyra, and Newark, NY. Waterloo has a pretty good sized Holiday Inn, Penn Yan has a fairly new Best Western (within 10 years). If you choose to venture outside of Ontario County, there are more rooms. I was informed that when the Spring Meet in Cumberland took place that they had filled the hotels as far as 60 miles from the showfield and booked more than 800 rooms. We have in excess of 700 rooms within 13 miles of our showfield just within the borders of Ontario County.

For those of you who took the time to visit our booth in Philly thank you for stopping by. I hope that either myself or a representative from my region was able to answer your questions and address your concerns to your level of satisfaction. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Reminder our registration is now open, and will remain open for 6 more weeks.

address to send has an incomplete/incorrect zip code?

GVACS

Diane LeSchande-Herrmann, registration chair

87 Stony Ridge Dr

Honeoye Falls, NY, 5147

from usps.com i get:

87 STONY RIDGE DR

HONEOYE FALLS NY 14472-9325

what is correct?

WOW!!!!

Ted, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I printed off my own entry forms and hand delivered them to Diane on Friday so I never caught that. I have had so many things going on in so many directions, and it was an honest oversight. I will contact national and get this corrected as soon as possible.

Just so you know I have no idea where the 5147 came from. That number is not a part of her street address, it isn't a part of her phone number, cell phone number, so I have no clue how this happened.

Just so everyone knows, the correct zip code to my registration chairperson is 14472.

Once again, thank you for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...

Ahoy There!!

All Amphicar owners attending our Eastern Division AACA National Meet.

Launch facility is located at the Canandaigua Lake State Marine Park,

620 South Main St.

Canandaigua, NY 14424

Personal flotation devices required.

Anyone up for a floating parade with some local classic boat owners?

Regards,

Bill Boudway

Looks like a great place for an Amphicar.

We were thinking of bringing ours up but we are hosting a Amphicar Swim In the following week in Huntington PA, then the following week have 3 cars scheduled to be at a charity event. Wife couldn't take 3 in a row unfortunately. :(

Edited by Ron Green (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

****MEET UPDATE****

ROOM STATUS!!!

Okay, this is the latest information directly from the local tourism office. This will tell you right away what's available.

I will tell you right now that if you are coming to the meet and you need a room in Canandaigua, you have two choices:

1. Pay the high price at the Canandaigua Inn on the Lake.

2. Stay at a Bed and breakfast.

Most of the hotels in Geneva have been booked solid, and now we're looking at either Victor or Farmington. Victor and Farmington are about 15 miles northwest of the meet. In either case, the room count as of today still leaves 300 rooms within a 15 mile distance.

I have had this information out for almost 6 months, and the people who read this thread early, booked early, and for those who have waited, you will be forced to be farther away from the activities. In either case, I'm sorry but understand that this is the best that we can do.

Reminder that registration closes in 3 more weeks.

If you are looking for a room, look below.

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Belhurst Lodging</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

www.belhurst.com

Century-old castle overlooking Seneca Lake voted one of the most romantic places in NYS.

SOLD OUT!!!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Best Western Victor Inn and Suites</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564 </B>

866-373-9679

www.bestwesternvictorny.com

Continental breakfast, indoor heated pool and spa.

59 Rooms available!!

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>The Inn on the Lake</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Canandaigua, NY 14424

800-228-2801

www.theinnonthelake.com

Waterfront resort and conference center.

17 Rooms available - all higher end rooms with lakefront views

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></B>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Hampton Inn & Suites</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

800-426-7866

www.rochestersuites.hamptoninn.com

Warm and welcoming hospitality. Home away from home.

37 Rooms available!!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Hampton Inn Geneva</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456

877-781-2035

SOLD OUT!!!

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Holiday Inn Express</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564 </B>

800-315-2621

Conveniently located off the NYS Thruway Exit 45.

70 Rooms available

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Homewood Suites by Hilton</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564 </B>

All rooms with kitchenettes, 3 miles from NYS Thruway Exit 45.

85 Rooms available

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Microtel Inn - Victor</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Victor, NY 14564

800-771-7171

Excellent location off NYS Thruway.

43 Rooms available

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></B>

<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=20>Ramada Geneva Lakefront</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=480><TBODY><TR><TD class=results_info vAlign=top>Geneva, NY 14456 </B>

800-990-0907

www.genevaramada.com

Presidential Award winning hotel on north shore of Seneca Lake.

SOLD OUT!!!

For more assistance with lodging for our meet, contact the following:

Finger Lakes</ST1:p Visitors Connection

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:Street alt=</st1:Street><st1:address w:st="on">25 Gorham Street</st1:address><O:p

<ST1:p<st1:City w:st="on">Canandaigua</st1:City>, <st1:State w:st="on">NY</st1:State> <st1:PostalCode w:st="on">14424</st1:PostalCode>

585-394-3915

Edited by ex98thdrill (see edit history)

Just wanted to Thank You and your staff once again for the FANTASTIC job you have been doing communicating information about your event here on the forums.

I visited your club site the other day and found the GREAT arial map of the Community College where the meet will be held.

That map is really helpful when it comes to where the spectator parking, trailer parking, show field, etc are located.

I am in the group of people who booked their rooms a few months ago.

Now I have to get my registration in now that I have worked out some family and work details.

BTW, how are the show car registrations going?

Charlie, I can't begin to mention and acknowledge the number of people behind me that have gone the extra mile on our behalf. From the office people at AACA National, Steve Moskowitz, West Peterson, our National Directors, Past meet chairmen, the moderators of the AACA Forum, local tourism office, chamber of commerce, local merchants association, State Assemblymen, Finger Lakes Community College, CMAC, Steamboat Landing, the Chemung Region, the Wayne Drumlins Region, other clubs outside of AACA, etc.

I have over 50 people out of my region who have stepped up to the plate, and without naming everyone we've had Bill Boudway, Bill Carr and Ray Cubit who have busted their hump raising money to help pay the bills. Just in the last month alone they sold $5,000 worth of ads. We also have Bill Preston and Tom Smith with their dedication in developing our showfield and trailer parking, Fred Burton our webmaster, Bob Malley, Steve & Pam Heald, and my board of directors. Gerd & Diane Herrmann, and Nancy & Jerry Huffman have been my lifeline through this entire ordeal. Those four people have made this meet a full time job!! This doesn't cover everyone, but these people have stood by me through thick and thin.

As for registration, we have 3 weeks left before registration closes and we're already hovering around the 200 mark. Knowing how people tend to wait until the end, I expect 500+ cars. The one car that intrigues me is that I have a gentleman who is bringing in a 1908 Stanley Steamer. After talking with him on the phone, I have been informed that his grandfather was one of the original members of AACA and the car hasn't been out for many, many years. As the Meet Chairman, I'm thrilled to be able to have an early car rolling onto my showfield.

Since this meet has started, they tore down a hotel in Canandaigua, and there were two hotels that were supposed to be built and open by now have fallen victim of small town politics. Had this not happened, there would've been another 300 rooms within a mile of the showfield.

With me working nights, and doing meet business, my dad is back from Florida, so another direct line to me is (585) 657-6358. If it is a question that he can answer, it'll give me more time to get things addressed too, and may give you a faster response. His phone rings in the shop, so if I have down time, we'll be out in the shop getting our cars ready for the meet. We're putting nine vehicles on the showfield.

We're working hard to bring in a good meet, it won't be perfect, but we're doing the best we can. It's been 20 years since we've done a meet, and most of the people who are heavily involved with this, weren't even in AACA when we did the last meet. I've been to a fair share of meets myself, and we're going to do a few things that I've never seen done at a meet before.

We've got a surprise or two for OO7, so to see the expression on his face will be pricele$$ :cool::cool::cool:

Guest Art Griffin

Pat, there are AACA class signs and other show signs that we have been passing around from region to region who would like to use them for a National meet. I turned them over to the First Capital Chapter in North Carolina to use at the Annual Grand National Meet in New Bern next month. They have been used in Michigan, Tennessee, and Florida so far. Use of these signs saves clubs from having to make new signs if they don't already have a set. They have wire supports, so they work best on grass rather than asphalt or concrete.

If your region is interested in using them, they can be picked up after the Grand National Meet in New Bern. Otherwise, I will take them back to Florida for storage. The Roanoke Valley Region is considering using them at Blacksburg, VA in August, but they haven't made a decision at this moment.

I would like to attend your meet, but we plan to be in NY State after the 75th Anniversary Celebration in Louisville, KY rather than before. My wife's mother will be celebrating her 95th birthday over in the Cooperstown area, and it doesn't work to make two trips to NY State before we then head to Michigan to visit our kids.

Art Griffin

Cape Canaveral Region

(artgriffin@yahoo.com)

Wayne,

As I've mentioned before your closest, affordable place to the show field will be at a Bed & Breakfast.

There is a bed and breakfast 1/4 mile from my house (Abner Adams), so if you went there, we could give you the task of driving one of our vehicles into the show. It would save you some walking, and give you a good parking spot.

I'd offer up a place at my house, but David (Novaman), his mom and his dad will be staying with us.

We're bringing nine (9) vehicles to the meet, so we're going to have our hands full getting vehicles there. Right now we've got two going for a First Junior, two going for HPOF Certificaiton, and five Repeat Preservation Awards. One of our First Junior vehicles will be taken out on the trailer, and the pickup we use to pull the trailer will be Terry Bond's transportation.

Guys, once again, if you know someone from your region who is looking at coming to our meet, refer them to this forum. I've been getting enough e-mails and phone calls regarding the meet where I haven't been able to respond to people as quick as I'd like to.

Hi Folks,

I'm on the deck to help with trailer parking for the Eastern Spring Meet.

For those who would like a measure of security for parking their trailer, we have contacted City Mini Storage on South Main Street in Canandaigua.

They have a gated, fenced facility with camera security, and are located about 2 miles from the show field. They have a limited amount of spaces available.

Contact them at (585) 394-9400 for rates and availability.

Web site: www.cityministorage.com

Here's my e-mail if you need more info, or have questions:

gnbboudway@msn.com

Bill Boudway

Will there be designated Judges Parking and if I send an SASE with my registration will a pass be sent? I received my judges pass for Homestead in the mail the day before the 1000 mile away meet and am still waiting on a pass for Charlotte. Takes a sense of humor to be a judge sometimes....