search goes on

Guest marlin65

Guest marlin65

Still trying to find a reasonable, not beat to death ramp truck a.k.a. car hauler. Not interested in a roll back. No preference on make,year or model as long as it has at least an 18' bed, winch, automatic and A/C.I've looked at and missed many mostly because they are to far away from the Fla/GA area, or they don't look like would drive another mile.I know they are tough to insure,take up a lot of room when idle but I prefer them to a trailer. Any help??

• 2 weeks later...
Guest marlin65

Sorry not to get back sooner but I'll answer the three replies. Mark, I have nothing to tow a trailer. 07 HD,rollbacks are fine but the ones I've looked at look like they needed a lot of TLC especially on the hydraulics, something I really don't need to deal with.

MC Hinson, what else can you tell me about the vehicle you saw in NC? I have friends all over NC and it really would not be to far. Email me direct marpack57@aol.com

It is a 1980 Chevrolet. It is owned by an independent garage here, Avery's Automotive, 1801 Oleander Drive, Wilmington NC, 28401.

It was restored by the garage owner, about 7 or 8 years ago, if I remember what he told me. He used it to carry race cars to the races and also used it in his business. He says it has about 40,000 miles on the rebuilt engine. He is asking $7,500 for it. He might take a little bit less. It is reportedly in very good condition. It looks good to me, but I just took a glance at it. I will post a couple of photos for you shortly. You can contact the owner at 910-763-4989.

These are a few quick photos to show you an idea of what it looks like. If you are potentially interested, let me know if you want me to go back and have him pull it out so I can get some more detailed photos for you.

post-47089-143138100545_thumb.jpg

post-47089-143138100548_thumb.jpg

post-47089-143138100552_thumb.jpg