GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't help but wonder if MrsEarl knows what you've got stashed on your hard drive MrEarl smile.gif </div></div>

If it don't get any worse than this, I've nothing to worry about.

I'll tell you one thing though. Don't go googling for "Girls on Buicks". blush.gifcrazy.giftongue.gif

Now ain't that like telling a room full of young'uns...Don't touch that stove!!! grin.gif

BTW I seem to recall a hot pink 59 Invicta catching my eye before I could exit....

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in the shot originally with my 38, but somebody airbrushed me out!

</div></div>

yea, in your dreams maybe

if so, then, Yep, air brushing can be a good thing!!! grin.gif

Guest 1964 225 Roadster

Yep, that Hot Pink Invicta does tend to catch one's eye. No air brushing needed there.

On the other hand, that '87 Regal kinda scared me....

Guest invicta592

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't help but wonder if MrsEarl knows what you've got stashed on your hard drive MrEarl smile.gif </div></div>

I'll tell you one thing though. Don't go googling for "Girls on Buicks". blush.gifcrazy.giftongue.gif

Now ain't that like telling a room full of young'uns...Don't touch that stove!!! grin.gif

BTW I seem to recall a hot pink 59 Invicta catching my eye before I could exit.... </div></div>

Hmmm.. I see the car you refer too tongue.gif

Just to clarify.. is that "before you could exit", or "before MrsEarl entered"?

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can't help but wonder if MrsEarl knows what you've got stashed on your hard drive MrEarl smile.gif </div></div>

BTW I seem to recall a hot pink 59 Invicta catching my eye before I could exit.... </div></div>

Hmmm.. I see the car you refer too tongue.gif

Just to clarify.. is that "before you could exit", or "before MrsEarl entered"? </div></div>

I figured you and Don both would run and touch the stove and I was right.

and re the clarification... you're right on both counts and the fact that I'm alive to be answering this post attests to the fact that I was able to click that little X at the top of the page quick enough. shocked.gifcrazy.giftongue.gifgrin.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ouch, I burned myself. blush.gif

Mike </div></div>

No surprise here either.

Guest Roadmaster

Mr Earl - Thought I'd post some pics I viewed on v8buick site. They are sure to keep some conversation going! Hope I can post them. I suck at this.

post-30721-143137879099_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_MrEarl

Steve,

Thanks for bringing these in from "the other" Buick forum. Buick has never been shy when it comes to promoting their cars with beautiful girls. I wonder...has anyone seen any such ads with the new Lucerne. I'm sorry but I'm a little tired of Tiger.

glad to see that beautiful Roadmaster still in your signature. And looks like you brought your son and daughter up appreciating the greatest automobile on the planet too. wink.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

She's not actually on the Buick, but this is my sweetie polishing the front bumper on "her" car (I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for her interest in it).

Proud_Suzanne_cropped2.jpg

Funny how I put up that "temporary" fence in 1998 to keep the dog in the yard and it is still up...sigh.

Guest imported_MrEarl

Boy, I wish I could get Rita to polish my chrome. I guess I better hush though, she did clean a few hundred brick for me.

So this is "her" car eh. And you had to ask which car to start restoration on next... confused.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So this is "her" car eh. And you had to ask which car to start restoration on next... confused.gifwink.gifgrin.gif </div></div>

Yeah, but she likes the '29 too...decisions, decisions. I think I recally typing something about hers being the vote that counts too, didn't I?

Mr. Earl pointed out to me yesterday that some of my scans from the Buick Salesmaster Record newspapers and Buick Magazine from the 1959 model year are great candidates for this thread. So, here are some "Girls on 1959 Buicks":

203SellingVI-med.jpg

203SellingXVI-med.jpg

203SellingXVII-med.jpg

How about sharing the top boot of the '59 convertible with two majorettes?

203SellingX_2-med.jpg

Buick organized "Buick Caravans" during the spring of 1959 as a tool to re-ignite stalled sales of the '59 Buicks. Buick's zone offices worked together with dealerships to bring a large number of new Buicks to town, and parades were planned to give the Buicks maximum public exposure. At the conclusion of the parade, dealers worked to provide as many demonstration rides as possible. Here, we have a couple of parade images from the 1959 caravans:

203CaravanII-med.jpg

203CaravanI-med.jpg

The next shot does not technically have a girl on the '59 Buick, but who could resist sharing this great photo of Sky King and his niece, Penny. There were many reasons why "Sky King" was among my favorite television re-runs as a kid in the 1960's.

203Sky_King-med.jpg

No topic on "Girls on 1959 Buicks" would be complete without mention of the famous Schultz triplets, who served as "Miss LeSabre", "Miss Invicta", and "Miss Electra" in many of the 1959 promotional and advertising images. One of my '59 Buick buddies is actively working to establish contact with the triplets, thinking it would be great fun to invite them to an upcoming Buick National Meet for a photo session with the '59 Buicks.

346481-The%201959%20Buick%20Triplets.jpg

post-30629-143137879114_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One of my '59 Buick buddies is actively working to establish contact with the triplets, thinking it would be great fun to invite them to an upcoming Buick National Meet </div></div>

Centurion, neat collection. regarding the above, do you think your friend can talk them into wearing the original costumes too? grin.gif

JD

Guest imported_MrEarl

No comment JohnD........ tongue.gif

Woohooooo, those are some nice promo photos ye ol' Centurion. You know Buick has never been shy about using pretty girls to promote their cars. I wonder if they still hold the "Bachelor Parade" in Tennessee.

thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest 70 Electra

LOVE those 59 pix....

Now that you guys are all warmed-up on the subject blush.gif , I have a somewhat related question for you.

I distinctly remember an issue of Playboy (I believe it was from the 1980s) that featured a photo session that used a 1960 Buick convertible as one of the props. It was not in just one small picture, but was used throughout the ,er, "story". I'm fairly certain it was a Chalet blue LeSabre, but understandably I might have been slightly distracted.

I have tried to identify this issue on a few occasions, but have been unsuccessful. Anyone have either a better memory than me or a collection of this vintage "literature"?

Of course, it is strictly my interest in 1960 Buicks that causes this quest. grin.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

Alright Greg, that gives me an excuse to go through all those vintage Playboys I have stashed in the barn.... All the time knowing they're all dated prior to 1980 B.R. (Before Rita)

Guest imported_MrEarl

Man I didn't mean for you to delete it. I loved seeing several of those cars as I scrolled through. I just thought it could be resized so everyone ( I presume I wsn't the only ond) wouldn't have to scroll from side to side.Cool?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_MrEarl

That's Ok John, who's <span style="font-style: italic">reading </span> anyway grin.gif

OK guys, I know someone can beat this. Just tryin to keep the thread alive ( at least until Greg finds that Playboy with the 60 in it.)

352429-on%20running%20board.jpg

post-32987-143137879115_thumb.jpg

Guest 53Nailhead

All I can think of looking at that picture is many, many years ago spending time in bars. A couple girls walked in (one pretty, one...you get the idea) Buddy leans over to me & says 'Don't like the one your gettin'! grin.gif Sorry if I offended anyone! wink.gif

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All I can think of looking at that picture is many, many years ago spending time in bars. A couple girls walked in (one pretty, one...you get the idea) Buddy leans over to me & says 'Don't like the one your gettin'! grin.gif Sorry if I offended anyone! wink.gif </div></div>

and to which you replied in a VERY loud voice "Hey Buddy, your wife just called....you need to get home, the baby's sick!!! grin.gif

Guest 53Nailhead

Fess up Mr. Earl who are all these lovely ladies...we have to know the story behind the photo. If I recall that was a St. Patty's nite, the comment caught me off guard & I spewed beer...it was getting on to the wee hours! grin.gif To be that age again, sigh!