GIRLS ON BUICKS

Guest imported_MrEarl

39 minutes ago, Doozer said:

Looks like Joan Crawford to me.

Yes, Joan with daughter Christine, author of "Mommie Dearest."  But it definitely has a "photoshopped" look.  Also, what's with that weird phone booth in the background?  Maybe Elpad can enlighten us.

10 hours ago, neil morse said:

Yes, Joan with daughter Christine, author of "Mommie Dearest."  But it definitely has a "photoshopped" look.  Also, what's with that weird phone booth in the background?  Maybe Elpad can enlighten us.

And the missing fender molding?

3 hours ago, Schmiddy said:

image.png.1d8bcbf8324af7044dfdfbbd6806109b.png

George Barris himself with his Villa Riviera in one of its later paint schemes. An ROA member now owns this car and has returned it to it's original red and equipped it as it was originally built.  It was brought to the ROA meet in 2015 and displayed in the hospitality room.  

Edited by RivNut (see edit history)
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, RivNut said:

Oh yes Ed, I remember well!
There was a very cool article in Riview Vol. 33 No. 1 from January/February of Ed Barris Custom Villa Riviera and that Jeffrey and Ginnie Goldstein now owns the car and brought it to the original Barris Design. I loved the article with a lot of pictures and some amazing stories about that Riviera! 🤩👍

(Beside, it was the Riview issue in that I have been mentioned the first time in "Odds & Ends" for the future series of my own restauration, why I can well remember Jeffrey's great article! 😇)

2 hours ago, Schmiddy said:

Oh yes Ed, I remember well!
There was a very cool article in Riview Vol. 33 No. 1 from January/February of Ed Barris Custom Villa Riviera and that Jeffrey and Ginnie Goldstein now owns the car and brought it to the original Barris Design. I loved the article with a lot of pictures and some amazing stories about that Riviera! 🤩👍

(Beside, it was the Riview issue in that I have been mentioned the first time in "Odds & Ends" for the future series of my own restauration, why I can well remember Jeffrey's great article! 😇)

You will enjoy an article on the Villa Riviera.  Google "George Barris Villa Riviera" and look for the link to Car Kulture Deluxe.  Covers a lot of the car's history and the author's interview with Jeff Goldstein telling what he went through during the restoration.

• Like 1

On 9/25/2020 at 11:45 PM, neil morse said:

couldn’t find anything about the phone booth but found this.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/mommie-dearest-shocking-joan-crawford-accusations-986654

• Like 1