Hupmobile forum

trimacar

No -The name sounds slightly familar but not sure why.

I didn't restore the Hupmobile or my Model A but bought them virtually completed The only car I have restored completely myself is the Sunbeam Alpine and I did that after I left Auckland (when I wasn't a poor student anymore).

Karl

Thanks Karl, the car is mine but the house was the Vermont Inn where my number one son was married last year. I had the honor to pick up the bride and her father in the Hupp. I (will) have the opposite problem then you because my Model is RHD and I am sure I will not be passing anyone except people out for a walk. From what I have heard about these cars, i am not even sure about that. Thank you for the info on the lights, as I said I am on the hunt for a small set of headlights. The car came with a set made by Saxon Mfg. Someone had bent the mounting brackets out to 8" in order to mount them. They made the car look like a frog on wheels.

Dean, what is the serial number of your car? My car is 13252 on the dash plate. You have a great place to start, please post lots of pictures because it seems everyone of these cars I have seen is different and I would like to compare the details. Thanks and good luck with your Model 20.

Guest Dean_H.

I'm not near the car right now but I remember the first three numbers were 121##. It was sold new to a fellow in Hawaii and remained there until the 1950s, when it was shipped to Sacramento, CA. The guy I bought it from inherited it from his father who had owned it since 1963. It's been in storage since the late '60s.

It's mostly complete, but some parts may need to be replaced. The radiator is in about ten pieces in a box. I'll need a new one of those for sure. But a lot of work is done. The magneto and carburetor were rebuilt. A new fuel tank was fabricated and it looks good. The engine was rebuilt but not fully assembled, it's frozen now, probably not too serious. I'm anxious to get started, but I want to finish the '29 first.

Hi- I have an original belly pan, and we have made patterns and a sample pan. I fit it to my frame, and it needs a couple of adjustments. Will try to get this project back on track within the next month. thanks David Coco Winchester VA.

I did some fitting of the hood , hood sills ,dash & radiator over the week end . The wood was replaced in a 1950's restoration and nothing lined up very well , so it was slow going . Almost starting from scratch. Almost there.

I'd like to ask the other Hupp 20 owners how well the hood center hinge rod fits the " U " opening at the dash end. Mine seems to sit high, but the sheet metal seems to fit the former well .

Ken

post-59140-1431380579_thumb.jpg

post-59140-143138057905_thumb.jpg

Hi David,

I also have a 1911 runabout.

I have a Model 20 operators handbook. If you have some additional info on the breeze carburator I could use the info.

I took my breeze carb apart and notice it only had one cone shaped spring in the air adjustment area. I have read their were two springs. I think I am missing the thiner spring that goes arround the adjusting rod in the center of the air adjustment area.

Do you have this spring? What type of spring is it and where can I get one?

Larry C

Hi Guys ,

I found this gas tank outlet in a box of parts . It looks like the picture in the parts book (pn 842 )so I think it's an original . Curious if other cars still have /use them ,how rare is it ( or not ) ? It is a very nice piece of work, too bad it was cut out of a tank which leaves the tube flush with the pipe, thereby loosing the reserve function. Guess I'll have to solder one back in if I want a reserve .

Thanks , Ken

post-59140-143138060237_thumb.jpg

post-59140-143138060243_thumb.jpg

Hi Brian , I really had not thought about that yet . Do you have any photos of such ? I hesitate to change much of anything . I do know there are little translucent plastic "buttons" that are self stick ( low tack) we used them on yachts where a varnished door might open and touch another surface. That might be an option .Home Depot used to sell them . I was thinking of putting some under the hood where it meets the sill.I think I got all the adjustments made last week end and got the tape off , dust is still there ,opps

Ken

post-59140-143138061358_thumb.jpg

post-59140-143138061364_thumb.jpg

Hi i have a 1926 hupp and blew up the motor.I had a shop machine the motor and than go out of business i got the machined motor and car back and spoke to one of his tecs to do the job for me. I got a gasket kit from olsons and he tells me i need a plate/seal that goes behing the fly wheel? he said it was aluminum ? does anyone know what this is and where i can get one

Thanks in advance Rich please email me @ bodyshopteam@aol.com

• 1 month later...

Looking good in the Branford Memorial Day Parade this past Monday, Brian Spear, with your Skylark!

Wished the AACA Photo Forum was accepting new photos uploaded (guessing some sort of server or software issue--but I'm no computer expert...), otherwise, I'd post one here.

EDIT: I'll try posting one here that I uploaded to my e-mail provider's server...hope this works...

MemDay09BfdPrdCrsB75.jpg

Best regards,

Steve from Stony Creek

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: stock_steve</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looking good in the Branford Memorial Day Parade this past Monday, Brian Spear, with your Skylark!

</div></div>

Just got draft report on the 2009 Branford Memorial Day Parade completed, online for your review at:

http://home.comcast.net/~shorelinesteve/BFDMEM09/OldCarsReport.html

EDIT: Sorry, I'll have to look up how to make that an active hyperlink--but for now, you can paste the address into your browser and hit "return"

• 6 years later...