Rear Brake Upgrade

William Rule

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bring back an old post. I think I am going to look at a '98 Park Avenue to see if I can use the entire mounting system without modifications...

I never use my parking brake, but I like the idea of everything working.

Also kind of a low priority as I have this last summer replaced all 4 pads and rotors, coupled with the fact that it is also stored for the winter.

The new Calipers come with the cable mounting brackets and you can see that they face towards the center of the car. The cables on the Reatta come from the side. My first post was premature. When I got to the other side, I found that it would not work. Check Ronnie’s site and see my final post on the brackets that I made. They work with no cutting & welding.

Guest Greg Ross

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnemac</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Something else to be noted is that this is a cure for the

"how am I gonna get home since the teves failed?". </div></div>

What, drive a Yugo!

• 2 years later...

Thank you, D-a-n-i-a-l

I was wrong in some things I said. I said it was okay to just do the back brakes because they didn't add much to stoppin' the car. WRONG---I disconnected the ABS relay and tested brakes on a frozen lake-----Reatta with big brakes on back only wants to swap ends. Same results on pea gravel. I think there needs to be a new thread .