Need Reatta Headlamp Parts

wdennis

I need a headlight motor and all the linkage that goes with it.

The one I have won't come up. It will go down. If I pull it up by hand while the headlight motor is still running I can pull it up by hand but after the headlight motor quits running after a few seconds it won't come up at all. Let me know how much you want for your headlight. Please reple to:

Hawks1965@aol.com. Thanks in advance. Dennis (IN Alabama)

Sounds like you just need some rollers. Not difficult if not rusty, hardest part is removing the two lower headlamp bucket bolts. Most likely it could use a new barneycrank also.

Less likely but possible if have not operated like this for too long is that it just needs the bellcrank nut tightened. Takes a 10mm box end but can be done without removing anything. Worth a try.

BTW the left and right motors are not interchangable. Anyone know if the right drive gear can be removed without pulling the armature ?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: padgett</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

BTW the left and right motors are not interchangable. Anyone know if the right drive gear can be removed without pulling the armature ? </div></div>

Don't remember the details, but I put 2 Barney Kits on a friend's '90 without pulling the armature. One side (probably right), was harder to remove the gear, but we did it.... Jim

• 1 month later...
Guest Kingsley

I have retro-fits of the OEM crank arm available. A CNC machined mild steel insert is press fit and bonded into a similarly machined cavity in the crank arm. This retro-fit retains the OEM look of the crank arm. Your needs have probably been taken care of now but let me know if I can help.

Properly lubed, the link arm spherical bushings never seem to go out but I do have OEM links.

Kingsley Baker (310) 476-0191

Guest Kingsley

Good morning. I have retro-fit OEM crank arms available and they are excellent. I machine out the rounded out section of he crank arm and put a mild steel insert in - press fit and bonded. Allows you to retain the OEM look. Sell them for $68.00 each and they have been very well received. Welcome any questions that you may have. Shortly (next wseek) will have my re-design of the OEM crank arm - formed of 1/4" mild steel and CNC machined. I will have the " bumpers" in about 20 days or so and they will be furnished free to buyers of the retro-fit or the re-design.

Kingsley Baker

(310) 476-0191

hkbjr@yahoo.com