FS: 1938 Packard Super Eight Sedan Barn Find

Tom Laferriere

1938 Packard Super Eight Sedan 1603. WOW, what a great barn find. Pictures should clearly tell the story. It does run and drive. Car appears 100% complete. Not rot.

Body: Very nice condition with no rot that I could see. There is a little sag on each of the doors where the hinges attach. I believe the paint to be mostly original with a repair to the drivers fender at some point. The trunk opens and closes fine. The trunk rack and its hardware work as they should. Original jack and jacking tools still in trunk. Trunk included. All side mount equipment intact!

Engine: The Super Eight runs with 40PSI, but does not run smooth. Maybe carburetion or valves? The engine its self sounds fine, there is no smoke or knocking sounds. I have run it more than an hour with no overheating issues...even the Radiator Shutters work nicely. The exhaust manifold has a crack that will need to be welded. Car goes in and out of all gears and clutch works fine. Only yard driven.

Interior: Interior is complete will all components in place. Has radio, heater. Horns work great. Amp, oil, and fuel gauge appear to work. Temp gauge not working. The wood in the headliner will most likely need to be refitted. The rest of the interior is intact will all pieces.

$19,500 in Rhode Island 401.651.2295

1938PackardSU8Sedan%20004.jpg

1938PackardSU8Sedan%20008.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...