• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TG57Roadmaster

TG57Roadmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:29 PM

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/25M_XEf-o38"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/25M_XEf-o38" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

On the subject of videos, this one is too cute to pass up.
From the 1959 Cagney film, <span style="font-style: italic">Never Steal Anything Small</span>.

TG

Luck is When Preparation Meets Opportunity

gallery_87514_6_38410.jpg

#2 West Peterson

West Peterson

"Antique Automobile" Editor

• Moderators
  • 9,113 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:07 AM

A 250 TdF, I think.

West Peterson, Editor
Antique Automobile (AACA)

No man treats a motorcar as foolishly as he treats another human being. When the car will not go, he does not attribute its annoying behavior to sin, he does not say, "You are a wicked motorcar and I shall not give you any more petrol until you go." He attempts to find out what is wrong and set it right. – Bertrand Russel

"Things are more like they are now than they've ever been!" – Uncle Arni

#3 talarico8447

talarico8447

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 12:36 AM

Great to see all those cars the way they were !
Nick Biancofiori

OLDSMOBILE...WHERE THE ACTION IS !

#4 K8096

K8096

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 09:38 AM

Near the end of the clip he mentions Packard. I this was a 1959 film, Packard was already out of business in 1958 after the Studebaker merger.

#5 TG57Roadmaster

TG57Roadmaster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:38 PM

Good point about the Packard. Remember that if the film was released in 1959, it may have begun filming during '58. The script would have been around in book or screenplay form for some time before that, when Packard was still on the market.

It's basically a musical, so the lyricist may have used Packard either 'cause he wanted to, or for the flow of the song's melody. Like the part where Cagney says, "...De<span style="font-style: italic">sota</span>," and she shoots back, "Oh <span style="font-style: italic">go ta</span>..."

Regardless, it's pretty cool to see all those cars in as-new, showroom condition, and to hear the others referenced contemporarily.

TG

Luck is When Preparation Meets Opportunity

gallery_87514_6_38410.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users