Ediqute/courtsey question

Guest abh3usn

Guest Bluesky636

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bob Hill</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bill_Haegele</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personal attacks now? Your comments only demean yourselves and the club you supposedly represent. If you are representative of the caliber of people in this club, looks like I made a mistake in joining.

And as far as who I allow to touch my car and why, I don't owe an explanation to anyone. </div></div>

BUT....when you enter an AACA National Meet you are either giving permission for the car to be touched by the judges OR you agree to be there when they judge it. I am an easy guy to get along with but I can't for the life of me understand why if you have such a hard time accepting the rules of the AACA why you enter the show? I was taught as a young boy to play by the rules. That is all anyone here is asking for you to do - accept the rules or don't play on the show field. The AACA is NOT going to change their way of judging cars (that has been successful for years now) just because you don't like them. </div></div>

You don't ever have to worry about my entering one of your national meets. Like I said, its obvious I made a mistake joining this club.

Bill, I don't think that you made a mistake in joining AACA. If you are interested in antique automobiles, the magazine alone is worth the cost of the membership. I went many years as a member before I ever took a car onto a national showfield. Now, I participate in local shows, regional meets, national meets, local tours, regional tours, national tours, and other non-AACA events.

I also spend too much time on the internet (such as the time spent reading almost everything on this site... and trying to jump in with a comment every now and then).

There is more than enough fun to be found in the AACA as a hobby without getting angry over misunderstood discussion forum comments. If you enjoy the forum read, participate, and contribute to it. If you are going to find it unenjoyable, spend your time enjoying many of the other aspects of AACA as a hobby. Enjoy your car and the hobby. There is no reason for members of AACA to be arguing. If everybody would step away from the computer, calm down and then go back and re-read this discussion from the beginning, I think that they would find that the comments were not nearly as negative and inflamatory as they have been perceived. When efforts to "defend" your position or comments and eforts to get the last word in are more important than sharing knowledge and experiences and enjoying the opportunity to communicate with your fellow hobbyists, everybody loses.

Let's keep driving and enjoying those old cars....

I haven't seen too many factory vehicles where you must start or at least have the ign. key in order to power the hood or doors in order to open them. most hidden headlight door need either vacuum or electric to open them and operation isn't judged plus would most likely require someone getting into the vehicle to operate the switch and/or start the car and judges do not enter the vehicle (exception of the interior judge to LEAN IN the door opening but not actually get in), with the tops it's probably 50/50 on power or manual but there if you want to keep that convert top really nice, you'll have it up anyways to keep the wriggles out of it.

Most trunks won't get opened either due to lack of key to open them. Just doors and hoods.