'66 Driveshaft question

Guest drewriviera

Guest drewriviera

Hey guys,

I was looking at oldbuickparts.com and they have a listing for 2 seperate center support bearings for the driveshaft in a '66 Riviera....Mine is really making some racket-which one is the right one?

Thanks

-Andrew

Were you looking in the NOS section? Of the two I see listed, one may be a complete assembly with bearing and one may be just the rubber support. You would need to call to see what the actual difference is because the description is not definitive.

I do not suggest buying an NOS rubber center support due to the unknown certainty of the age of the part. If its 20-40 years old, the rubber could be be dried out and may fail prematurely.

If you go to the the Standard Riviera Catalog, you will see the bearing itself can be purchased separately as well as rebuilt rubber supports. I suggest replacing both at the same time.

Guest drewriviera

I was just looking I guess in the Riviera catalog...I did not know that Standard made one, all of my local parts houses laugh when I ask for the part. I will definitely check on that because I would much rather buy a new one.

Thanks

-Andrew