64 ------ coolant cross over casting------- heater hose nipple

alex bonino

Hello all. Was wondering if anyone had prior experience removing the heater hose connection nipple on this casting (see pic).

Mine's pretty corroded, and needs cleaned or a replacement.

I have visions of twisting or distorting the slots on the top of the nipple while attempting to remove it, having to drill out..........etc.

also, suggestions on a replacement source? NPT threads??

thanks in advance

alex

roa 11550

post-53628-143137998134_thumb.jpg

Guest simplyconnected

Looks good to me, too. Put a thin coat of silicone sealer inside the hose and on the nipple, and clamp 'em down. Silicone will help seal, and if you want to disconnect in the future, it will come off easily.

I agree.............it looks pretty solid from what I can see in the photo.

Now .....an unrelated question.......your fuel filter pictured has a 3rd inlet/outlet.

Can you describe what it is for and where it leads as my fuel filter on the 401 only has one inlet and one outlet.

I haven't seen one like this before.

I presume it is a fuel filter or is it for something else.

Brian,

The Fuel filter on the picture you see if for cars with A/C. It leads back to the tank. The ideas behind this is to keep cool fuel coming to the carbs to avoid vapor lock with the high underhood temps of an A/C car.

But thinking about it.... It would work well for a return line for Fuel Injection too. Hmmmm.....

Thanks Bill,

Makes sense why mine doen't have it as my 65 wildcat convertible doesn't have A/C

(unless you count lowering the top) wink.gif

<span style="font-style: italic">"<span style="font-weight: bold">Edited by Bill Stoneberg (Yesterday at 09:14 AM)

Edit Reason: Cant type or spell </span>"</span>

I like the reason for your editing of your post................glad to see I'm not the only one who has problems

Well, alrighty then. I do tend to be a bit anal at times.

On the other hand, since I plan on going back to original style wire type clamps, I felt it would be important to have a nice, clean surface to be primed and painted .......... and thus a wind up with a good, tight, drip free seal.

I plan on removing the cross over anyway, so lets see what hitting that nipple with a wire wheel will do.

thanks everyone!

alex

roa 11550