part needed

Booreatta

Need a lead on a dash part for my 84 Riviera. It is the center wood grain part that covers the radio etc. The one that is on there has the hole in the lower left spot where the right side remote mirror switch would normally go, the part must have been switched at some time with the wrong part. My car has the remote switch on the arm rest. If any has a lead or has one please contact me at booreatta@cox.net. I got lots of good info at the nationals in Flint. Thanks Guys, I apppreciate it

All of the facia pieces came with that hole in them. If your car had electric mirrors, another piece was fastened over it with an adhesive. That section of the panel will pop out and can be replaced. Even if you could find a center piece that's been cut up for an aftermarket radio or is busted, it might still have that piece in it that's good. It could be that yours became separated somewhere in the last 20+ years. If you don't find one around Wichita, call Bobby Ward at North Yale Auto north of Tulsa; he has a few in his yard.

Ed

You'll want to also be cautious of the lower right hand corner where the rear window defogger switch is. That spot is not setup where it can be popped out and replaced with a non defogger insert - unlike the lower left for the mirrors. I know it's strange but that's the way they are. You can also check on ebay for them from time to time but make sure you select one with the lower right configured correctly for your car. Also beware of the 79-83 center panels. The radio and AC controls are switched in them!