Where the heck is everybody?

Matt Harwood

Guest imported_Speedster

Okay, So it's a mix of epoxy and acrylic, which is a different animal than the 1 to 1 mix of regular epoxy. Which sounds like a good idea, but I'm wondering if it can be better than regular epoxy, which is Great? (and direct to metal also)

I do like the availability of white color, which Kirker brand epoxy, that I use, doesn't have. (only gray and black)

Guest BigKev

I can tell your one thing, that primer lays down nice, and is a joy to sand, and I HATE sanding.

I have found that the straight epoxy primers can be a PITA to sand, or they clog the paper quickly.

Transtar makes a DTM one also that is about $50 cheaper, and works just about the same.

Guest imported_Speedster

Yes, it is more difficult to sand since it sets up so hard, but being so durable is one of the things that makes epoxy so good. I have not noticed it cloging paper more than others, as long you wait several days to completely cure. In fact, having to wait for it to harden completely is probably it's only negative factor, that I've seen. If you're in a hurry that is. wink.gif

Guest imported_Speedster

Several years ago there were some of those lamps being sold on eBay. Evidently Many of them were made. Some had 3 orniments arranged vertically (4 total) instead of 3 total, like that one. Sure were a lot of good orniments distroyed that way. frown.gif LOL grin.gif

They were a Great Art-deco design, and using them is a comliment to the design, to be recycled that way.

They may have been factory-rejects or something. (Hopefully) laugh.gif

Guest Albert

Been Busy sane Blasting a frame for my brother's 72 CMC truck , now comes the fun , putting it back together, but what a mess, life is a beach when you blow 1200lbs of sand... but that was every thing from the frame, axle, springs , trailing arms and the upper, and lower control arms, and stearing box...

post-31131-143137999603_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Albert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> life is a beach when you blow 1200lbs of sand... </div></div>

grin.gif LOL grin.gif Wow, you should have a Beach, after spreading that much sand around. shocked.giflaugh.gif

Guest imported_Speedster

'Who is that Masked Man'? shocked.giflaugh.gif

Is he the Lone-Ranger or Zorro ?

Whoever he is, he needs a Dip in the ol' Water-hole! shocked.giflaugh.gif

post-33516-143137999612_thumb.jpg

Guest Albert

That was me blasting in short sleave there, you have to watch how you blast or it stings like a swarm of bees...LOL And no it was not foggy that day, the fall out from the sand traveled close to 100 feet from where i was blasting, had to wash all the cars in the drive way afterwards...

post-31131-143138000183_thumb.jpg

Guest Albert

And then wash myself, the clean out the bathtub for some reason it had black stuff in the bottom... LOL And no i'am not two toned, (white head, black arms normally) But the blasting does a nice job, I had all the frame & parts blasted and painted in a day and a half, not sure if the wife will beleave me again though when i say it not a messy job... And the yellow thing i'am beside is the air compressor 210cfm and running it around 120psi, more than enought air, and it burns about quarts an hour of diesel fuel...

post-31131-143138000192_thumb.jpg

Guest Albert

A DA is a dual-Action sander , they are 5" circular pads, that have a motion like a palm sander, but can be switch to that of a grinder..