Where the heck is everybody?

Matt Harwood

I have been out in the Garage trying to get my car ready for 2010. But at the rate of my misfortunes it will be more like 2020. smile.gif

Hope Rick (Speedster) is ok. Have not heard from him in awhile either.

Guest imported_Packards1

Maybe people are on their way or getting ready for the Packard national meet that starts sunday. I am leaving for there in the morning.

Guest imported_Speedster

well, they can't call me speedster anymore. smirk.gif

i had a Stroke and have been in hospital last 15 days. i'm walking better but left arm is completely useless. i'm typing this with only right hand. so looks like i won't be doing any Packard work any time soon. frown.gif

Rick,

Sorry to hear about that. You know if you lived in my area I would be over there giving you a hand. Keep strong and please keep us informed on your progress.

Guest superods

Gosh speedster...hope you continue to improve. Just thank God it was not worse than it was. Fifteen days in the hospital tells the story. You no doubt are fortunate to be typing with one hand. Lets hope you are able to regain your strength and stamina...we will keep you in our prayers

Rick, I'm so sorry to hear that. We're all pulling for you.

The brain is an amazing thing. I'm certain it'll figure out how to get you back into the garage and under the hood! An elderly neighbor had a stroke a year ago and couldn't walk. Today he mows his lawn without a limp. You will too!

Stay strong, my friend.

Guest imported_PackardV8

Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery. Remeber, we have an e-ignition project to finsh too. How's that for putting on the pressure smile.gif .

My best recmmendation is to eat a FRESH ground HOT pepper cheese burger and a big plate of french fries (hommade only ) with plenty of fresh garlic and rest as much as possible. A shot of good quality whisky once every 12 hours too.

In two or three days u'll be feeling alot better and recovering.

Guest imported_PackardV8

I hope he has someone there close to full time to help him thru the recovery. It's ruff doing it by onesself.

I'm very sad to read what happened to you,although I didn't contribute a lot, I thoroughly enjoyed your posts and ingenuity.It may be a while before we can see this happening again.

The brain is a strong and mysterious part of our body, just keep trying,trying and trying, I've seen it happen, close by.

I wish you all the power you will need,my thoughts are with you,all the best, Johan

Guest imported_Speedster

thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. i have a wonderful wife and good neighbors that are really helping. since my leg has improved greatly i've not got depressed. i'm just hopeing my arm will also.

i doubt that i'll have much to add to the forum, in the near future, but i'll be checking in to see what's happening.

thanks again,

Rick, the fact that you are online must be a good sign! Your posts have educated and entertained many people - just look at the responses and hits. We are lucky to have you share this talent.

Wishing you a speedy (as in "speedster") recovery, sir, from back east..

Speedster -

As with all the others, I'm sorry to hear of your bad luck. A stroke is never fun.

You might want to read two books dealing with strokes and their treatment. "Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (Neubauer and Walker)" and

"Stroke: Recovery with Oxygen" by Polly Houston -

Both books deal with hyperbaric oxygen therapy. It isn't common, it isn't effective 100% of the time, but it has been effective in many instances. Good reading and good luck.

Regards,

Bernardi

Guest HMossAus

What ROTTEN luck, Speedster!

I enjoy reading your entries, you have been helpful and encouraging.

I hope you keep improving and get back to being a Speedster.

Heather

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packard32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick, hope you get well quick... just keep good Packard thoughts in your mind...remember..laughter is the best medicine...B </div></div>

How coincidental I watched the Robin Williams movie last night about laughter and health, "Patch Adams".

Restorer32,

My stepfather had one replaced a year ago or so. He was up from Florida this past week and you could not even tell he had it done. I asked him what he had done to come so far along he said therapy you have to stick with it. Now for my mother-in-law she had one replaced also but didn't follow up on her therapy and now she has all sorts of problems. So if you keep up with the therapy workin on our beloved Packards you will also come along way smile.gif

I spent 2 hours in therapy this morning. Only been 3 weeks tomorrow and I already have 105 degrees of bend and can walk without a cane most of the time. Having the second replaced week after Hershey. One week of real misery then one week of semi-misery then you start to feel better.

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Restorer32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been inactivet for a couple weeks while I had a new right knee installed. Speedster, remember, work is therapy! </div></div>

Sorry to hear you are having problem also. get well soon.

yes, i'm trying to keep as busy as i can. if nothing else, it keeps my mind off my problems.

Guest Good Old Days

Hello Speedster!

As a frequent reader from your posts, I have to wish you all the luck I can transmit!

Have been there with both my parents and some friends also.

I know what you're going through a little bit.

Being an antique car lover, I must say these people around you are really incredible! Their reactions are heart warming.

We all hope for this kind of support when we're not feeling well, don't we?

All the best with gaining back your strength and drive your car again soon.

smile.gifsmile.gif

Guest 1956Packard

Speedster:

All the best. In reading your past posts your strong tenacity is clear. I have no doubt of your recovery.

Restorer32:

I remember stopping in at my parents place one day to find my mom crying in the back yard because she could not get up after gardening. She had bad knees.

Two new knees later she jumps up and down and runs with the grand kids. You'll be there soon.

Guest imported_Speedster

thanks for asking.

altho still unsteady, i'm walking without a kane now. grin.gif

i have very slight movement of my arm, but looks like it's going to a very long time before i can use it. i'm still in the process of learning what i can and can't do with one hand. you just don't realize all that takes 2 hands until you loose use of one. real bummer! smirk.gif

Glad to hear its getting there for both of you guys.

Restorer, I have a good friend who just had a knee done - around age 48, he had to fight with the Drs. because they thought he was too young but years at the Post Office & lugging old car parts around took their toll. He is already doing small things around the cars. Apparently the replacements last pretty long now.

Speedster, sent you a quick PM - please take a look.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest imported_Speedster

I want to Thank everyone that went in on the Great gift, mailed to me. shocked.gifgrin.gif I really appreciate the thought and the wonderful gift. grin.gif

Rick,

You are a great contributor to this forum. So we did what was right by sending prays and thoughts and a yester of a gift for your knowledge and friendship.

How are you feeling?