Where to find 1964 Track Bar bushings?

DirtyDan

I need to replace the bushings in my rear track bar on my 64. I checked w/ Energy Suspension for Polyurethane replacements, and they list them for 65-70, but do not show any provisions for 63-64. I cant help but think the 65 has the same track bar on it. I also tried my regular parts sources (clarks, CARS, Kanter, etc...) and they do not list them. Any one have any experience with these?

Thanks in Advance,

Dan

Dan,

Classic Buicks shows the same part number for 63-70 track bars. They have them for $36.??. I put one of theirs on my '64 last year and "WOW" what a difference. It's a hard rubber one, not urethane, but I only wanted to get back to OEM speces. Check with one of your local parts jobbers and see if they can't cross reference something.

Ed

What does it feel like if the bushings are bad. I have a "klunky" feeling coming from the rear end when I hit a bump a certain way, or turn into a drive going over the ridge along the curb. The shocks are fairly new. I don't know what else it could be, unless the bushings.

Conroy,

On my car, the rear end wanted to wander when switching lanes on the highway, and it would sway around a little bit making any turns. You can check it by pushing on the side of your car and checking for lateral movement. Mine was real bad, and the top bushing was nearly gone. I'll post on how the "65" bushings fit on the 64 track bar.

• 2 weeks later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NorwegianRivRoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi!

I ordered several bushings for my 1964 Riv at energysuspension, and they fit perfect, and gave the old Riv a whole lot better handling! Was cheap too! They also sell by measurements..

Go to

http://www.energysuspension.com/

Got pics of your 64?

</div></div>

UPDATE!

I ordered the bushings for a 65 Riviera from a Energy Suspension

Retailer. (they have no listings for a 64 Riv.) They fit great and the car handles MUCH better. They were less than $20 for the set.

Heres a few pics of my Rivi...

CIMG2424.jpg

CIMG2426.jpg

CIMG2431.jpg

CIMG2588.jpg