What would God drive?

Most people assume WWJD is for "What would Jesus do?" But a few enlightened individuals think the initials really stand for "What would Jesus drive?" <P>One theory is that Jesus would tool around in an old Plymouth because the Bible says God drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden in a Fury. <P>But in Psalm 83, the Almighty clearly owns a Pontiac and a Geo. The passage urges the Lord to "pursue your enemies with your Tempest and terrify them with your Storm." <P>Perhaps God favors Dodge pickup trucks, because Moses' followers are warned not to go up a mountain "until the Ram's horn sounds a long blast." <P>Some scholars insist that Jesus drove a Honda but didn't like to talk about it. As proof, they cite a verse in St. John's gospel where Christ tells the crowd, "For I did not speak of my own Accord..." <P>Meanwhile, Moses rode an old British motorcycle, as evidenced by a Bible passage declaring that "the roar of Moses' Triumph is heard in the hills." <P>Joshua drove a Triumph sports car with a hole in its muffler: "Joshua's Triumph was heard throughout the land." <P>And, following the Master's lead, the Apostles carpooled in a Honda... "The Apostles were in one Accord."

Blasphemy is in the eye of the beholder. But I forgive such narrow sightedness. It goes with narrow mindedness.<P>********************************************<P>Not only is this forum silly at times, but some of the input is stupid, frivilous, juvenile, inaccurate, spiteful, humerous and even inane. <B>SO WHAT</B>.<P>So what do you want. All serious automotive dissertations. If so, go join the Society of Automotive Engineers and let us silly little folks have our fun. Are we hurting anybody? When you pay for this service, then, and only then, may you have a vote on what appears here.<P>hvs

I confess to being a dues-paying member of The Society of Automotive Historians as well as AACA and a few other automotive organizations. I made an observation regarding "What Would Jesus Drive", not any attempt to vote on what appears here. Are observations permitted under the hvs "Guidelines For Response To Sillyness"? If not, I withdraw my comment.

It has become apparent to me that <I>certain people</I> need to <B>LIGHTEN UP</B>!! <BR> rolleyes.gif" border="0<P>First of all, if a subject like "What would God Drive" appears on the board, anyone with an ounce of common sense would assume that this subject contains some "blasphemous"<BR>subject matter and would refrain form clicking the link if they were offended by such.<P>Second, last time I checked, free speech was also a constitutional right.<P>Third, I believe forgiveness for blasphemy would fall into the hands of the almighty.<P><BR>Maybe the administrator can add an "AACA Silly/Blasphemous Forum" tongue.gif" border="0 <P> shocked.gif" border="0 Maybe I need to lighten up. shocked.gif" border="0<p>[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: onebadassbuick ]

Clincher ~ ALL observations are permitted here. I don't make any of the forum's rules, but I believe I am permitted to express my opinions just as you are. You don't see it my way and I don't see it yours. SO WHAT! I have no more of a vote than anybody else, because we all pay the same fee for the use of this forum, <B>NOTHING</B>. <P>hvs smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

I think the almighty has a sense of humor, and would it a little funny. Just think, the almighty created the Platypus, a cold blooded mammal, that lays eggs, I can see the almighty snickering every time someone tries to figure that one out. grin.gif" border="0

Rick ~ That billing from the good Father is for salvation. Next year he plans on selling indulgences. He also saves fallen women. I think he said he is saving one for you right now. wink.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0rolleyes.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0 <P>hvs

Peterg's biblical references are quite good. I assume that there are many more. Of course, I probably will never find them personally.<BR> wink.gif" border="0<P>Why would God have to drive him/herself (notice I'm being PC?). I would think transportation on earth would be in something chauffer driven in a stretch limo. Sorry, I don't buy the concept behind the '65 Rambler. You know what they say "rank has its privliges". Which brings up the question, who would be the driver of God's limo? cool.gif" border="0

Ron -<BR>Yes maybe someone like Gordon. But I was thinking if a rock star gets around in one of those extra stretch limos, would the ultimate rock star be limited to a mere mortal machine? I like your Marmon idea, but I also like the idea of maybe a Dusey limo. You think God might travel in an antique just to humor antique car buffs? grin.gif" border="0

Hey Peter--good stuff! Your original post was original and lighthearted, without being disrespectful.<P>I just recently submitted an article to the Vintage VW Club of America newsletter wherein is described what I'm convinced was "Divine Inspiration," relating to a recent trip to church with my kids in our old '68 VW, where a nagging, recurrent engine oil leak *finally* was successfully dealt with. <P>I think God appreciates a happy, positive spirit in all we do, even message board posts. Keep up the good work Peter!

Didn't George Burns (GOD) drive some kind of sporty car in the movie? Also remember seeing him in an old Packard! Maybe that was another flick. smile.gif" border="0cool.gif" border="0tongue.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0

Bravo! I believe, and I also believe that the Almighty Father enjoys a good joke- otherwise he wouldn't have given us humor.<P>I think that if Jesus drove, it would be a simple car, sturdy, affordable, and dependable. he didn't come into the world on a cloudburst, or as a king, but as a lamb, Son of a poor carpenter. <P>Cadillac, Lincoln, Rolls, etc are "right out." Just my opinion, but I'd guess:<BR>-Chevy NOVA<BR>-Ford Falcon<BR>-Plymouth Voyager Mini-Van<BR>-Rambler<BR>-Ford Model "T"<P>I'm sure the list can go on.....anyone else for sturdy, dependable, and affordable?<P>God Bless- keep having fun! smile.gif" border="0

Come to think of it, Jesus was not only the son of a carpenter, but he spent a few years in the trade himself. Maybe he would be more inclined to drive a nice basic pickup truck. Just enough room for himself and his toolbox. cool.gif" border="0