64 Rivi just back from paint... Need a few odds and ends

DirtyDan

Just got my 64 back from the painter and need a few odds and end that you guys with parts cars might be able to help me out on. Looking for the following:

-Front Bumper Grommets/isolators for the ends of the bumper that go through the fender

-Trunk lock (actually just need the rod that connects the lock to the latching mechanism)

- Good driver side rear stainless wheel molding (mines ok... but not as nice as the rest of the car... looking for a real nice one)

- Matching set of windshield wipers (I have 2 odd balls)

- Still looking for a stock steering wheel - Mines cracked up beyond reasonable repair

And here she is w/ new paint smile.gif

CIMG2425.jpg

CIMG2426.jpg

CIMG2431.jpg

CIMG2430.jpg

Email me at danbenck@hotmail.com if you can help out. Thanks!

Guest lvrpool32

Car looks really nice.

I have 4 trim mouldings I took off, I will see how good the drivers side rear is.

I do have a steering wheel, has some minor cracks in it, I am sure they could be fixed.

Nick

Thanks for the complements, I am really happy with the the way the paint turned out. It was originally dark blue with a silver interior. The paint is now Black, and I am in the process of redoing the silver interior. The wheels are 15x6 Astro Supremes. I am not sure of the backspace off hand but they are just standard. They are pretty inexpensive wheels and they give it a late 60's custom feel.

Nick, How much are you asking for the wheel? If you have any pics showing the extent of cracking, please send them to danbenck@hotmail.com.

I'm in St. Louis, MO

Thanks,

Dan

Guest lvrpool32

Dan, sorry I forgot I had replied to this. Let me pull out the wheel and send you some pictures this weekend.

Nick

• 4 weeks later...
Guest gdiwicker

"Nice ride.

Can I get the specs on your wheels including backspace?

Is that the original color?"

I likey the wheels! The drums look great through the ASs. What size are the tires and how much did you lower the car? How is it lowered?

Guest musclecarfan65

sad to say that the only thing i could sell you is my old standard steering wheel (in extremly good condition) out of my 65 riviera ... which is not the same as in the 64 when i am correct. the garage sadly broke the "horn button" for disassembly because they did not ask me how to do it right :-(.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gdiwicker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"Nice ride.

Can I get the specs on your wheels including backspace?

Is that the original color?"

I likey the wheels! The drums look great through the ASs. What size are the tires and how much did you lower the car? How is it lowered? </div></div>

Thanks!

The tires are 205/75/15 all the way around. I cut the coils to lower the car, and I went a little too far. I did 1 1/2 on the front and it makes contact w/ the bump stop sometimes. I haven't done the rear yet. I'm going back and forth on air bagging the car (i like em low) or just doing 3" drop coils from coilsprings.com

As far as parts still needed... I have acquired everything I need except a matching pair of wipers, so if anyone has a nice set of matched wipers drop me a line.

Thanks,

Dan

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: REGriv64</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you still need a steering wheel, I have a black one. it has 2 cracks that are easily fixed or can be used as is. I only took it out to install wood wheel. email me at regavin2001@yahoo.com and I'll send you pictures. </div></div>

Thanks for the offer, but I have found a suitable wheel that I can repaint.

As far as wipers. I need the arm that attaches to the cowl. I have one that is one solid smooth piece and the the other is 2pc.

I prefer to have 2 of the smooth one pc ones if any one has a single or pair.

Thanks,

Dan