63 riviera power windows, wiring question?

Guest dipnic10

Guest dipnic10

On a 63 riv what power accesories will work with key in the lock position? I know the horn and power seat should have power but what about the power antenna, power windows, etc.... I may have an issue because the power windows work with the key off. Wiring scematic anyone?

Saved my battery one time. I left town for a while, and about two hours into my trip, I got a call from my daughter telling me that I'd left the lights of my '63 Riviera on. I told her how to "pop" the vent window (power vents and the last tooth on the gear was broken) and take something long and skinny and reach through the vent and open the window so she could turn the lights off.

There's nothing wrong with your wiring, it's supposed to work that way. smile.gif

I can't tell you off hand about the antenna, but take a circuit tester (ground clip on one end of a wire, probe with light in handle on the other end) to your fuse block and can see which accessories are on the IGN side and which are on the BAT side; it's easy to do. With the key off, you will get a light on the supply side of each fuse. Move to the other side of the fuse and see which still have power coming through the fuse, they will be the accesories that will work with the key in the off or lock position.

Ed