Hershey again

Guest 57 pontiac

Guest 57 pontiac

Here we go again, Hows about an update on how the fields are shaping up.We all like to know ahead of time what we will be dealing with when we arrive for the fall show. rolleyes.gif" border="0

Good question!!!<P>Hey Hershey Region, you're missing a good PR opportunity here. Please keep us updated on the fields and anything else about the area that would make participants planning process easier. Pictures would be nice. smile.gif" border="0 <P>Several Hershey region members were on the Founders Tour just completed. Didn't hear any updates from them. Whats the big secret confused.gif" border="0 ??

Guest 57 pontiac

I don't believe it. Seven days ago I ask the question about how Hershey was coming and it seemed that no one wanted to reply. I thought that perhaps I did something wrong in asking the question. I know that it was a HOT issue before but there are those of us that would like to know how things were coming along. Hopefully someone may have the information that we are looking for. Thanks in advance

Great question.<BR>Last I heard is that the Chocolate Field will be blacktopped, but the Green Field won't be available, since construction is still going on. So, the Blue and Yellow fields will still be there. So I have heard. <BR>Roger

I heard the the Chocolate field <B>is</B> blacktopped.<P>I wanted to swing by and get some pictures but was having problems with tires. I blew out a sidewall on the tour,and had a trailer tire seperate on the way to PA on Sat. and then one seperated on Sunday. frown.gif" border="0frown.gif" border="0 <BR>Also I had my fill of road construction with my trailer. I clipped a small state flower (pylon)with a tire going up. Then come upon bridge work in a town. sign says lateral clearance 10'. Great, I'm 96" wide, last time I checked that was 8', no problem. Get there and I need to get on the bridge and the road runs at about 30degree angle up to it for the lane shift. Now this is fun, I'm about 45' long. fortunely there was an opening in the wall I could use to swing the truck thru to get lined up. Now I'm on the bridge. So far, so good. I look in my mirrors. WRONG THING TO DO!! shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0 I've only got about 3" on each side!! I got thru without hitting anything. rolleyes.gif" border="0<p>[ 08-06-2001: Message edited by: novaman ]

All I can offer is a "Drive By" report as I have not been in the Hershey Park parking area since all this construction started. It would be better to have someone that is involved with the show give this update. Here's how I seen it as of last Saturday night driving by there while trying not to get hit by all the NUTS leaving a concert that was being held there at the same time.<P>The entire Chocolate Field is black top now with plenty of new lighting throughout it. It also has a large restroom facility building built roughly in the area of where you would exit the main Chocolate Field into the Chocolate Annex.<BR> <BR>The new arena in the Green Field is well underway. As of Saturday night, I see that the steel roof beams are being set. You can't really see much else from the road. <P>The old Information Building near the Car Corral is torn down. <P>There is both a new bridge and tunnel going from the Green Field to the Chocolate Field. It is my understanding that this tunnel will become the main entrance into Hershey Park later in time. <P>The Car Show Parking lot, between the stadium and Hershey Park Drive has been completely changed around. It looks like it is now a drop off and loading area for buses. There are new winding roads through the middle of it with large curbed islands of plants and trees. Should be interesting to see 1500 show cars parked in there now. <P>White Field looks the same. No change to the New Blue Field. <P>The Yellow Field is 15 feet under water with a new bait and tackle shop erected. They are also renting canoes there. ( Only Joking!) rolleyes.gif" border="0 <P> From some of the people that are involved with the show, I'm told that things will be just fine. It is just going to take time to adjust to all this. I'm sure it will be as much fun as always. Hope this is a help for those wanting to know what has happened there. <P> Rick<p>[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Rick Hoover ]

UPDATE:<P>Spoke with Joanne Graden, publicity chairman for Hershey, and she promised me that she would contact Nancy Boltz, meet chairman. Between the two of them they will pump me updated information for the website.<P>I'll keep you posted.<P>Peter