64 Riviera

lrlforfun

OK Riviera People: I would like your help. I have 3 64 Riviera parts cars. They are 96% complete, rusted all over and oviously needing (you guess). All cars have been out of daily service since the early 1980's. All in the San Francisco Bay Area.

1. Beige, saddle custom p/w a/c

2. White, black standard, p/w, a/c

3. silver, grey standard, p/w, no a/c

Lots of good parts but I don't feel like parting them out. My questions are........

What price should I ask?

Would someone buy all three?

Could I trade for a better one?

This could be a bonanza for the right person. Thanks for the help, Mitch.

Mitch-

Contact the guys in California, Oregon and even Washington state that deal in 1st gen Riv cars and parts (like Larry Daisey) and see if you can work a trade of these 3 cars for 1 car in better restorable condition. Look in the Riview and also in Hemmings.com for names and phone numbers and contact them. Be prepared to send them photos of the cars so they can see what you have. They will need to factor in cost to tow to their place, so don't expect too much. You may need to also throw in some cash to make the deal.

Mitch,

Jim is dead on with his advice. One thing that I might add is that the cars are worth more or less depending onthe number of options and if they run or not. Even if the engines don't run, as long as they are not frozen, they do have some value as they should all be the desirable 425 Nailhead. Also, surface rust versus rust through is a prime facor in determining value.

I would think it over before parting out any first generation Riviera, the prices for these cars are FINALLY starting to climb. They may bring much more as a "restorable" than a parts car.

Just some thoughts,

Tim