65 winshield wiper motor

Guest Mohogs

Guest Bronie

hey guys,

having some trouble with my wiper motor. Doesnt seem to work properly. The car is at my mechanics now and he is saying that he thinks the fender has to come off in order to take out the motor. I didn't think that was the case and told him to hold on until i asked you guys at the forums first.

Any help?

John

1965 Buick Riviera Custom

R.O.A. #11352.

This topic was covered a couple of weeks ago. Search the archives for details. The short story is that you don't have to remove the fender. The motor can be accessed by securing the hood and removing the hood hinge on the driver's side.

Ed

Guest Bronie

I don't really have a lot of time to search the archives because I'm going to pick up this motor tomorrow. I need the motor out of the car to show the seller what it looks like. Not sure if you guys are familiar with Carmen Faso from J and C's parts. He lives close to me and im going to see him. He wanted to see what the motor looks like to remind him so we can match them up.

Was wondering if you could tell me exactly how to remove the motor as this is a matter of limited time?

any advice would be more than helpful.

Thanks.

John

R.O.A. 11352

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Bronie

Too late, my mechanic already took it out and i bought another one from Carmen FASO. My motor was worn out and my connections were all coroded. Not sure if the new one works yet, but its in the process of being installed. Looks like its in good shape though.

What were your thoughts?

John

R.O.A. #11352

Hi John,

There is a ground strap which is captured by one of the mounting screws. This ground strap is for the internal relay. Quite often corrosion at this point is a problem. Simply loosening and retightening the mounting bolt will often restore proper operation. Maybe next time,

Tom Mooney

Guest Bronie

Thanks Tom,

My mechanic has installed the new motor but cant tell if it works until my dash is put back together and wired up. The dash is out now because I am installing gauges from Classic instruments. I will pass this message onto him.

Once again, thanks.

John

R.O.A. 11352

Guest Bronie

Thanks Tom,

My mechanic has installed the new motor but cant tell if it works until my dash is put back together and wired up. The dash is out now because I am installing gauges from Classic instruments. I will pass this message onto him.

Once again, thanks.

John

R.O.A. 11352