Stolen '65 GS pictures?

Jim Cannon

Thanks, guys.

This car is being offered for sale to a friend of mine for $8000. He asked me about it because he knows I have a '63.

Check it out: http://www.classicsandcustoms.com/search/Buick_Riviera_GS_19211.asp

I advised him that I thought it was a Nigerian Internet scam, that the people stole the pictures off of eBay and do not really have the car, just trying to scam him out of money. They are very keen to get his personal information to setup a Yahoo Finance transaction. All the classic signs of a scam here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: geniv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim:

This car was offered on ebay mid january by

Orlando Classic Cars (321) 624-3200.

I still have the page saved in my favs.

I could send it to you if you like.

Barry </div></div>

Barry-

Can you just reply with the auction number? That's all I need.

Thanks.

Guest Riviera66

You might find it interesting to pull up the LA address listed on that bogus offering for $8000. if you use maps.google.com you'll find that it happens to be one of those streets that google has a street view of already. It's clearly not a car lot... Man I love that website.

Darwin Falk

ROA#2077

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: geniv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jim

The car in question is for sale on the Hemmings site

(classified) by Orlando Classic Cars asking price

$57,500. I think the mystery continues.......

Barry </div></div>

Not really.

It was for sale there last month. Online ads don't always get updated when a car is sold.

Gentlemen;

I did buy the Riviera from Orlando Classic Cars in January. I got a few cents off their asking price. It is safely in my garage at this moment. For me at least, the mystery is solved.

Jeff Avery B.C.A.#32963

R.O.A.11802

63 LeSabre Convertible

65 Riviera G.S.