Selling 1925 Chandler

BWit

Barbara, where are you located and if you can e-mail a me a picture of this car to post on this forum. It will help everyone in the forming of opinions. And, oh yea there are a lot of opinions on this web site.

Welcome to the world of antique cars!

Wayne

My e-mail address... waynesway32@yahoo

Barbara,

What body style do you have? A sedan is much more common than a touring car. You might also post your question in the Chandler-Cleveland on this site. I can tell you not many Chandlers change hands each year. A sedan might bring $4-7 thousand dollars in good condition, open cars more. Where are you located? Our Chandler club has members in many parts of the world maybe we can help you out.

Hello:

I think the Chandler is a sedan (and not a touring or convertible). It's in great condition- not touched in many years though. The car is in Moorestown, NJ- just across the river from Philadelphia.

$4-7K sound so low for such a cool looking old car!

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Barbara

I agree it is a very cool car. It had many features other makes did not have for several years later. The issue you/we have is that the car is so unique, but not very different. It looks like so many other cars from the same time period. Many times I have had people ask what year "Model A" my 29 Chandler is. The two are alike only in that they are sedans. The Chandler has a much larger engine with a more advanced transmission. Here in lies our issue. The drive-train and many of the other parts on the car were made to high standards for the Chandler car by the Chandler company. No other company used the same parts. So for us parts are scarce.

Our other issue is recognition. Which also means we are rare. There are very few Chandler cars on the road today (probably less than 50). Until you know the story of the make it is hard for most people to appreciate why these cars should be preserved and why they should bring higher prices. Our Chandler-Cleveland Club is trying to educate more people about our cars. This we know will take time. Someday when I tell a person I have a Chandler they will not ask me who made it. But then again I knew I did not buy a Ford and did so for that reason.

Hopefully you will find a buyer for your car that will appreciate what it is and pay a fair price. If I can help by listing it in our Club newsletter (next issue is in April) let me know. I would also like to get the information about the car for our Chandler Car Registry. That will help us learn more about the cars and determine how many are left. If you care to participate I can email you a simple form to fill out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...
Guest LanceBJohnson

Barbara: We plan to visit our daughter this summer who lives in Wayne, PA. I would be interested in looking at the Chandler if its still available.

Lance

216-225-3457

David Chandler was a Caterpillar mechanic in up state NY. He had a Chandler touring car that I saw a number of years ago tucked in the corner of one of his storage area's. Not sure what his story is now as I heard though the grape vine that he had been in poor health in recent years. With the few that are around, I'm sure someone has tabs on this wonderful old car. Dandy Dave!