P T BARNUM WAS RIGHT !

Mr Riviera

Dick, Jim and Dave,

Let's not forget that this coming week is the Barrett-Jackson auction! We all know how that auction is an accurate barometer of automotive value across the country! (I use to to think it was just rich guys having their wallets pried open by free booze to help inflate their ego's, or whatever else needed inflating!) The pusre hook guy is just getting into the BJ mood! LOL!!

Tim

• 7 years later...
Guest Rivdog

I'm in the market for a GM Purse hook GM Accessory #980590

Anyone got one? Reason being is my car came with holes in the dash and the hook is MIA. 

post-154459-0-88149200-1444414059_thumb.

Edited by Rivdog (see edit history)

Contact Gene at ABANDG* to see what he has.  If anyone has one, it would be Gene.

Ed

* Check the Riview for the contact info.

In the RivOwners.org classifieds or member list? What the heck is a ABANDG* ??

90.00 sounds like a fair price to me versus holes in  your dash. You could beat the bushes for a year and maybe find

one a little cheaper and save maybe 30.00. Your time has to be worth more than that. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush applies here. If it makes you feel any better I had to pay 650.00 for a pair of door edge guards that were nos. I was glad to get them,

and a year later I've yet to see another set for sale, and it wouldn't surprise me if I never see another set for sale. As a side note, my

car won best of show at a major car show two weeks ago and the award was 500.00. I wouldn't have won it with bent up door edge guards so I figure I got most of the money back on them already.

Supply and demand, Rivdog.

Why don't you sell  me your car for its original window sticker price?  ;) Probably not too far north of $5,000.  After all, it is just a used car that's 50 years old and has quite a few miles on it. Normal depreciation says that it should be worth only about $200.  Would you like that in cash or a money order.

The inflation calculator shows a $5,000 purchase in 1965 to be an equivalent purchase of $37,827.94 in 2015 dollars after taxes. One would have to earn just short of $50,000 to have enough post tax money just to keep all things equal.

There sure is a big difference between depreciation of a car and the depreciation of the American dollar. I'm glad I take good care of my cars.

Bernie

90.00 sounds like a fair price to me versus holes in  your dash. You could beat the bushes for a year and maybe find

one a little cheaper and save maybe 30.00. Your time has to be worth more than that. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush applies here. If it makes you feel any better I had to pay 650.00 for a pair of door edge guards that were nos. I was glad to get them,

and a year later I've yet to see another set for sale, and it wouldn't surprise me if I never see another set for sale. As a side note, my

car won best of show at a major car show two weeks ago and the award was 500.00. I wouldn't have won it with bent up door edge guards so I figure I got most of the money back on them already.

Maybe it's worth it for you that has a concours quality car. This is a #3 driver. I'll live with the holes. Wow talk about ganging up on a guy! I'll be more careful what I post here. I thought we were commiserating about the ridiculous prices on NOS parts? I just bought a very nice chrome wheel center cap for $23.50. That to me is very reasonable.

Please don't take this "harassment" seriously.  We are all in agreement that the price of some NOS or used parts is out of sight and this is an off kilter way of agreeing with you.  The seller sets the price and pretty soon he'll find someone to pay that price.  Depending on where the holes are, you might be able to find something else to cover them.  Post a picture and perhaps someone can come up with an alternative.

Ed