Need help with vent window weatherstrip and washer pump on my 63

jimtash

Ok, I'm going down the line here with certain things that need to be fixed on my Riv and now I need help with the vent window weatherstrip. The drivers side is fine and the window opens and closes effortlessly and no air leaks through it but the passenger side is a different story. The motor struggles to open it, cannot close it and it also has a huge draft coming through it. I bought a replacement seal but how does the one that's in it now come out?

Also, the car is missing the windshield washer resevoir and pump. I have a replacement resevoir but not a pump yet. My question is where are the locations for them in the engine compartment? As always, any help is appreciated.

Jim,

You're in luck. Now that you're experienced in the r&r of the heater core, you'll be anxious to go for the washer pump. It's part of the wiper motor assembly. If you take the hood hinge off the driver's side, you can reach in between the fender and the firewall and feel the wiper motor. As Jim Cannon mentioned, as with the heater core replacement, there's a detailed "how to" in the ROA's library. (You'll be well off to invest in the CD of all of the old tech articles from past Riviews; most of the stuff you're going to run into is in those articles.) You're stocked up on band-aids and aspirin so now you can read up on it and go for it. This is one of those things you would normally want to do during a complete restoration when you have the fender off.

Working on windows is a snap. The door skins can be removed from the door itself and the entire workings of the windows can be easily accessed. You can make adjustments to the window while the door is shut which makes it really nice. There's a screw on the end of the stainless at the front of the door; remove it Slide the stainless piece off (the small one under the vent window, the larger one is part of the door skin,) and you'll find some larger screws that need to be removed. With those screws and the nuts from the door skin removed, the skin will come off. If your car has the remote control mirror, just carefully sit the door skin aside while you work on the window.

Ed