1964 Rivi interior door handles

Guest lvrpool32

Guest lvrpool32

How do they come off?

I am guessing they have little clips on the back, put they are very tight against my door panel and I dont want to start pulling and poking and break something.

Nick

There's a special tool that can be purchased at most any parts store. You slide it between the handle and nylon washer on the door panel. The tool has a special shape to it that allows it to loosen the clip retainer on the handle and then the handle can be pulled off. To line it up, the handle for the crank needs to line up with and slide over the tool; that way the tool will engage the clip properly. If you need to visualize this, take the tool over to the "HELP" section and look at a replacement crank handle. Take the handle out of the package and see how the two line up. Hopefully the counter person can help you if you still need it.

There is a little horseshoe shaped clip that needs to slide out from behind the handle with the tool that Ed mentioned. The ends of the horseshoe are flared back out. The tool catches on these ends and pushes the clip away from the window winder shaft. I agree with him, go get the tool. There will probably be a picture on how to use it that will make it clear.