Removing door trim - 64 Rivi

Guest lvrpool32

Guest lvrpool32

I want to take the stainless trim off of the outside of the doors, at the bottom of the window. Looks like it is attached by metal screws through the window felt..is that right? Any tricks to get these out....how do you get at them with the windows in??

Nick

You are correct in assuming that you need to remove the screws in the felt. With the inner door panel off, you need to loosen the bottom "bump stop" for the window. Once you do this, you can roll the window down far enough to allow you access to the screws you're after.

Ed

I've been able to take them off with only the upholstery panel removed from the door with a No. 1 phillips.(The rear windows are the PIA)... There's also the small trim stainless to remove at the vent window, and a tiny screw on the underside near the door handle tucked in with the rubber weatherstripping. The fuzzies are stapled th the stainless and the whole piece is then screwed in.

I think you'de have to remove the OUTER door panel for access to the glass stop mentioned above. Not to many adjustments from the inside.

Have fun, Steve