Needed Stronger A/C & heater fan

Bill Stoneberg

I would pull the fan motor and check the fan cage blades to make sure they are clean. Had a 65 electra once and that thing was so freaking cold it would fog the windows on the inside of the car, and being of the same era, it would seem your 64 ought to be able to do the same thing but you must have a restriction somewhere.

You might also head down to Home Depot (or similar) and get some of the adhesive-backed foam tape that fills up the gaps where the various a/c ducts slide into each other. They were there from the factory, but usually deteriorate and "disappear" with age. I suspect the a/c system is doing fine (or at least "to spec"), but if the cold air leaks from the ducts under the instrument panel, it won't make it to the outlet nozzles into your face (or where ever).

What caused the blower motor failure? Just curious . . .

Just some thoughts . . .

NTX5467

Who knows what caused it to fail as I have not pulled it yet. As soon as it cools off a bit and I get other work done I will look at it.

Too busy trying to keep a job at the moment to play with cars. Ask me again at the regional.

But its a good idea to check for leaks under the dash.