Looking for a Buick club in Atlanta area

Bannerbuick

Hi guys new here but not new to Buick. My dad was a Buick dealer in Nj from early 60's to 1978. I grew up in the shop and was service mgr from 74 to 78. I just purchased a one owner 65 Electra convertible with 28.000 miles. talk about survivor. Spare never down. Paint is perfect. I have all the service records. Lol 7 oil changes. Books, bill of sale, protecto plate. Brand new oem mats in the orig box in the trunk. Original owner told me the top was only down twice. I love this car. It rides and runs and looks like the day it was born. Anyway, I am looking for a club in Atlanta area. Does anyone know of any? Here is a pic

thanks

Bob Banner

post-110783-143143103737_thumb.jpg

post-110783-143143103752_thumb.jpg

More pictures Bob, PLEASE...MORE Pictures!!! That's the car I have always wanted!!!!

If you are up for a road trip, The Buick Club National Meet is is Springfield Missouri this year. June 1o for 5 days. The deadline is for registration is quick approaching though.

Although a NY resident my entire life, my wife and I relocated to this area 17 years ago. I grew up in Westchester County, lived in Dutchess co, then Wayne Co, and now here. I have never been to Caroga Lake, but I imagine it is a beautiful spot. Had to be hard to give that up I would think.

What a nice, nice car!!! The first car I drove after I got my license was a 65 Maroon 4 door Electra with a black vinyl top and that same black custom interior. Being the car I drove through High School I developed a keen love affair with it. Yours brings back so many memories. That glass like paint! I wish you good luck with it. Hope to see it in person someday.

What a nice, nice car!!! The first car I drove after I got my license was a 65 Maroon 4 door Electra with a black vinyl top and that same black custom interior. Being the car I drove through High School I developed a keen love affair with it. Yours brings back so many memories. That glass like paint! I wish you good luck with it. Hope to see it in person someday.

Thanks, my first car in high school was a 69 gs 400 I see you have one. I love the gs but traded it for a 70 GTO ram air 3 convert. that I kept till 2007. I sold it with 31000 miles. Is there a good market for the electra? I only know muscle cars. thanks in advance

I just got back from a ride in the GS. With all due respect, I don't see how you could have traded it away... LOL... I was a senior in HS in 1969. It was a holy grail car for me back then, while I was driving the Electra everyday. My son actually talked me into defying my wife's wishes to go take a look when we heard this one was for sale. She wasn't happy when I told her I wanted to buy it. But now that we have it AND since I finally fixed the factory A/C , she totally loves it too.

As for the market for the Electra, it will be soft. It's probably worth more given it's survivor status is so nice, rather than the fact it's an Electra. As you know, the right buyer will be worth the car's weight in gold. Most 65 Electra Convertibles I've seen have to have some body repair, but yours looks above that. I see you have the unobtanium factory AM/FM radio. It's too bad it does not have factory A/C and tilt wheel. Or maybe it's a good thing, cause I'd be tempted to make you an offer if it did and I have no more space in the Inn right now for another car.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely beautiful.

I think I have her twin sister up here in Ohio.

You'll love driving it this summer.

Thanks for sharing.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, my first car in high school was a 69 gs 400 I see you have one. I love the gs but traded it for a 70 GTO ram air 3 convert. that I kept till 2007. I sold it with 31000 miles. Is there a good market for the electra? I only know muscle cars. thanks in advance

There is always a good market IMHO for low mileage original cars. You found a good one! Congratulations.