fog light mystery on 89 Reatta?

Guest gletom

Guest gletom

I turned my fog lights on after i started the car. The light in the switch did not light but all the parking lights were on. I put the headlights on and tried the fog light switch again they did not work. when I shut the car off the parking lights go off. It s a mystery to me? Could it be a fuse/which #? Thank for any info?

Guest PontiacDude210

Perhaps a switch issue? Or you could have the problem my fogs have with mysteriously becoming water filled.

Guest gletom
I hate to state the obvious but are the light bulbs in the fog lights in working condition? The KISS rule (Keep It Simple Stupid) may apply. Check the fog light bulbs first.
Both fog lights were working the day before. The light on the switch was also on when I push it to engage the fog lights.The next day when I pushed the fog light button the light on the button did not come on and the fog lights were not working.I doubt that both lights would burn out at the same time.

Guest gletom

The high beam switch was not activated. When the fog light switch was pushed all the parking lights were activated but no fog lights.

Guest gletom
There is a fog lamp breaker (#22) in the passenger side of the center console. Have you replaced it? There is also a fog light relay (B) there that you may need replace. You may have to pull the side off the console to get to it.

This page will show you where it is. Fuses And Breakers - Console Location

Thanks,will replace breaker and see what happens.