Landaulet vs Landaulette

Packard Don

Per the brochures and other sales literature, I know that Henney-Packard professional coaches usually used the term Landaulet for their landau models but what was used for '30s and earlier passenger cars of that style? I've seen both terms (Landaulet/Landaulette) but surely only one is correct for Packard and the other not.

Guest bkazmer
Per the brochures and other sales literature, I know that Henney-Packard professional coaches usually used the term Landaulet for their landau models but what was used for '30s and earlier passenger cars of that style? I've seen both terms (Landaulet/Landaulette) but surely only one is correct for Packard and the other not.

I'd argue that neither spelling is correct if the roof over the back seats doesn't actually fold open

Thank you. I understand the language part of it and Wikipedia has a good general definition where it applies to cars:

A landaulet or landaulette is a car body style similar to a limousine, but with the passenger section covered by a convertible top. It was based on a carriage of similar style that was a cut-down (coupé) version of a landau. Landaulets are usually used by public figures in formal processions.

However, my question is which spelling did Packard officially use. I've been looking through some of the early brochures but have not yet come upon an example.

Guest bkazmer

I believe "landaulet" was more often used, and for many of us I bet the 1912 by Lesney was our "first Packard"