Antique Horn for Model T

Guest megayachtec

Guest megayachtec

post-110099-143143091821_thumb.jpg Can anyone tell me anything about this horn? , how to tell if it is legit?, If it is an antique or just a copy. I would like to sell it and woul like to know what they are worth

Thanks in advance

Robert

post-110099-143143091812_thumb.jpg

post-110099-14314309182_thumb.jpg

megayachtec,

Welcome to the AACA Discussion Forum. I have never seen anything like that. It did not come on a Model T from the factory. I have moved your question to the Model T Forum. Perhaps someone here has seen one of those before. Good luck on your search for information on this unusual item.

Hmm, we have the same (or very close) horn with the mounting on the LH side of the horn (so better for a RHD car) - identical head and ribbons in the mouth for a "toungue - except ours has been shaped into a circle whereas this one is straight. We assumed based on simplicity of design and overall gauge or weight of the brass that it is a repro. I think we paid in the $50 range, these show up on ebay from time to time.

That said, PM me if you want to sell. this one would be right at home hanging in the "stuff" room...

• 2 weeks later...