1928 Buick Model 115 inner wheel bearing cone

Guest BettendorfHigh

Guest BettendorfHigh

ATTACH=CONFIG]306778[/ATTACH]Currently working on restoring a 1928 Buick in my high school auto maintenance class. We recently realized we were missing our front wheel bearing cone. We are having lots of trouble finding this part locally, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

post-110089-143143091622_thumb.jpg

Edited by BettendorfHigh (see edit history)

My bearing book lists the 1928 115 Buick as having bearing B 185 (don't know if that means much). And, that the 1928 Oakland 6 & 212 used the same bearing. It appears that only those three cars used that inner bearing, and only during 1928. It only lists complete bearings, not cones etc. Hope this helps.

Agree with Leif , cup is 909604, cone is 909504 and the race is 909704. The whole bearing assembly is 909004. Fits 25-26-27-28 Std's and Ser 115

I'm pretty sure I have several inner 909504 cones available. PM me with your contact info if you still need one (or two!)

The only bearing harder to find is the outer. Usually , the race and the cone gets ground up , probably from missing hubcaps. If you have those you'd better lock them in a safety deposit box now because you will never find them! Ever!

Brad