carburetor

Hi, I am looking for a carburetor for a 1912 white 3 ton truck project, these trucks had the 30 h/p engine same as used in the car, whites own engine but not sure what make of carb, I do have a carb but its in bad shape and possibly could be rebuilt with the parts from another ? or replaced with a better one

if you can help please contact me, thanks mike.

Mike - the carb has some Zenith features, but the early Zenith literature does not specify a Zenith for the 1912 as original equipment. The early literature also does not picture all Zenith models. It really does resemble a Zenith type L

However, Zenith number 218 (type L6 carburetor) is shown to be a replacement unit for the early White 3 ton with White type GED engine. The L6 is an S.A.E. size 3 carburetor (nominal 1 1/2 inch, with throttle bore of 1 5/8 inch, and c-c mounting spacing of 2 15/16 inch). In 1924, Zenith suggested replacing the model L carbs with a equivilent model U. The L6 would have been superceded by the U6.

Best I can do.

Jon.

Hi Jon, not sure of the fact that this is the correct carb. but it did come with the truck, I am very confident the truck is a GTA model and it has the early GA engine in it, whch was whites first series motors and I have read the cars had this engine too, measured the flange, center to center bolts, is approx. ,73mm, and the inside diam of the tube that the carb is attached is approx. 32mm, I think that's close to the imperial measurements you stated? I would like to rebuild this carb if possible, but if this cant be done maybe an updated replacement like what you've mentioned above could be used.

, thank you for your help. mike.