'40 Continental Right Mirror

Ron K.

Okay guys, I finally found a correct gravel guard and now am in need of a rear view mirror for the right side. John Murphy told me to contact Jay Fisher for a reproduction one because originals are impossible to find, well I called their number and left a couple messages but no return call. Is he still in business? Maybe out of town? Thanks.

In his lower 80's 2-3 years back & scaling down his business then, tired & retiring a 2nd time (first as engineer in phone industry). At small place on east coast with shop nearby where he did grinding/sanding/polishing himself. A perfectionist, the best, full 3 layer chrome- brass/nickel/chrome I believe. Sending parts to most expensive cars/shows around the world. Over 200 drawings with accurate original dimensions, his own molds...awesome!! But had already stopped casting any new items then, and was only finishing castings he had in stock- sending them out for chrome until stock was gone. So may have moved since, don't know.

Thank you for the update, I assumed something like that. The phone number is still active with a voice mail option so I hope that he will call me back sometime.

Did you try Naragansit Restorations? They were $250 the last I bought a reproduction one. Lee

I had originally installed a right mirror as well, then removed it because it was useless for one, and stuck out quite far

and in the garage with a wife and kids...was just was asking to get caught on passer by.. I had hoped it would be an aid to see

when the top is up..

I don't know about the Lincoln right side mirrors in 1940, but the Ford and Mercury ones are just for your girlfriend to adjust her lipstick. You cannot see them from the driver's seat.

The left hand mirror is only slightly better--what we do for beauty!! Glenn Lorei