Parts needed for my 1930 President FE

Guest stumax

Guest stumax

Once again I want to thank many of you for the help you have given me over the last several years. I’m getting down to the short rows on my restoration of my 1930 FE. Working on the interior which is the main job left to do. I’m in need of a few parts at this time to help complete the car. I have them listed below.

Door window regulator handle. # 247558D two needed

Spring seat support # 275571 one needed

I don’t know the exact part name or number, but it is the small piece of metal at the end of the rain gutter on the back of the car that connects the gutter to the body. It dresses up the connection between the two pieces. I could make them but I prefer the original ones if available.

Also would like to have the pull rope cords for the back seat. These are located at the back of the back door on the inside I guess used to help pull you up out of the back seat. Mine are in sad shape, would like to have better, or let me know if someone has reproduced these are repaired them.

Also I would like to share a fix I had on my springs for the seats and seat backs. Most of the seat back springs were real rusted and some broke, but I think many would brake if used at some point. My brother came up with the idea to go to a mattress store and see what was available. Three different mattresses were purchased to obtain the right length and strength of compression. Two twin size mattress and one baby mattress was purchased all for less than $250.00. This way the springs were already covered individual for the seat backs and would stand the test of time being new. The baby mattress springs where used for the folding jump seats on the seat bottom. Just hog ringed them in place and looked great. Someone may have already thought of this but I want to pass it on, my upholstery man was impressed and happy. Time and money both saved. Thanks again for your help.