Buick 8-96 value

Glaser31

Sunroof? Or is the wood bad in the top. Never heard of a sunroof in such a car. The antennae on the back deck not original either, of course, so mildly customized?

90 series so Full Classic, which increases value. Needs restoration, and we wear this one out, but if you were given the car free, a full restoration will cost more than value of car fully restored. There's a restored 90 coupe that was/is for sale for $60k, restored, for a long time, and I'd say it's slightly more desirable than a 4 passenger coupe.

I'd guess a seller would reasonably get $15k to $20k for the car as it sits, if not running maybe less, if running and driving maybe more.

But, I've been wrong before......

No a real sliding sunroof,I will try and get some photos of it.Last time it was on the road,was back in 1958.Then it was started 25 years ago and ran fine.Think it would be a shame to restore it,just new tyres and a full service then use it .

I have to agree with Glasser - just leave it unrestored.

The car does have some issues. It appears the the front radiator shutters are gone, There is a hole in the dash (passengers side for a radio). There is some sort of patchwork on the carb heat tube between the exhaust manifold and carb stove. Missing stuff may be hard to find.

Much depends on mechanical condition.

My first Buick was a '31-67. I drool over this car.

If it hasn't been run in years, I would think a seller would ask $15K and be really happy with $10K. A survivor '30 coupe in nicer shape sold on ebay for a hair under $10K. While it's not a full classic, I'd think it was a more desirable style and certainly a more complete car. It was cleaned up a bit and sold another two times for more, but not much more from what I gathered.

Here is a couple of photos showing the Sunroof,and the water drain .And also the lock for the sunroof inside.

Thanks for all the replies

I note Glaser31 if from Denmark (by his email)

So may not be a USA body. Body by Glaser or ???

http://www.verkehrsmuseum-dresden.de/en/20131028112352.html

As is http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/tag/glaser/