Wooden Wheels 1920s ? Early 1930's Help ID

haroldstrust

Those wheels have 6 lugs, the Dodge has 5.

Duh....missed that totally. I was focused on the hubcap retainer ring. You are correct. The MoPar wheel will not have six lugs. Sorry about that.

Might be 1932 Buick - maybe. Info here - http://www.buickclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/bca_judging_manual.pdf - the rim width will determine the series. I would guess the 50 series would be most common - it is 3.25" wide. I am not sure where that width measurement should be taken. I guess the brake drum size will also determine the series though I don't know the sizes.

Guest prs519

I think you are basically right, NZ. I do know that Buick had two lug patterns within a single year in 1933. I had a set of wires that were 5 on 51/2, and they were ONLY for the 50s series Buicks. Go figure. These were 17 inch wheels.

Just need to find a pic of a 1932 Buick with its hubcap off maybe. I suspect the Series 50 in 1932 has much lighter wheels than those on the bigger series cars. It is the large brake drums on the mystery wheel which makes me thing it is something other than a series 50 Buick. It may not be Buick at all.