6-Way Power Bench Seat Setup

Guest glparker389

Guest glparker389

This is a complete six-way power bench seat setup from a 1960s GM full-size car. As far as I can tell, these were used across divisions and platforms for a variety of models. It was installed (improperly) in my 1964 Sport Wagon by a prior owner who (supposedly) took it from another Buick. I have no way to verify this.

The good:

• complete setup, including:
  • left and right tracks
  • all cables (six)
  • six-way switch
  • motor (tested and working; YOU NEED A GOOD GROUND FOR THIS!)
  • relay (brand new; $60 from NPD)
  • transmission (tested; see below)
  • all brackets
  • complete wiring harness and connectors, including round

The bad:

• outer sides of floor mounting brackets (the "feet") have been cut (presumably to accommodate installation in a narrower vehicle)
  • switch is sticky; it appears as if the inner return springs don't function properly; it does work, however
  • in my car, the transmission and actuators worked fine; when bench testing yesterday, forward and reverse worked fine; the height, front-tilt, and rear-tilt actuators were acting goofy; I opened up the transmission, and the plastic gears look perfect, so I suspect the actuators may need to be cleaned OR they will work properly under load OR, worst-case, they are broken
  • track definitely needs to be greased
  • cables are in decent shape EXCEPT for the plastic collars on the ends; about half of these are broken

Everything in this setup except for the tracks and cables will interchange with A-bodies without modification (bucket and bench).

The tracks can be fitted onto a standard A-body bench seat frame with modification (new mounting points). They tracks can be mounted to an A-body floor, though to do so properly would require modification of the floor pan or fabrication of a plate that would work with the existing floor pan seat mounting points.

If you plan to put this in a full-size car, I would recommend fixing the floor mounting brackets (the "feet"). I can provide measurements in needed.

The price is $125 plus shipping from 49240. This is also posted over at v8buick.com.

Thanks for looking,

Greg

post-97533-143143086485_thumb.jpgg

post-97533-143143086387_thumb.jpg

post-97533-143143086418_thumb.jpg

post-97533-143143086435_thumb.jpg

post-97533-143143086452_thumb.jpg

post-97533-143143086468_thumb.jpg