My New " 55 Buick Special

billbuickgs

OK, First it has a CENTURY emblem on the side , the holes are the same as the special emblem ( just had to do it!)

No rust holes anywhere on the car , chrome and potmetal are fantastic , 46k miles , engine and trans are great.

Auto trans, p steering , no radio, no clock, no back up lights , standard steering wheel , dog dish caps (I added the trim rings) .

History puts the car in Lordsberg New Mexico for most of its life . In the last year or 2 , it went to Phoenix , then to Kentucky,

St Louis Mo and finally to my garage. Seats show that the car sat in the sun in the southwest, mostly exploded seats!!!

Original thought was to do a Model 68 Century with 4 barrel and 56 left side dual exhaust manifold .

At this point I like it the way it is except some interior work

Also ,I want to thank Chester Polumbo ( BCA member) for deciding to sell the car to me !!

post-31001-143143085268_thumb.jpg

Bill

post-31001-143143085232_thumb.jpg

post-31001-143143085243_thumb.jpg

post-31001-143143085251_thumb.jpg

post-31001-14314308526_thumb.jpg

post-31001-143143085277_thumb.jpg

post-31001-143143085284_thumb.jpg

post-31001-143143085294_thumb.jpg

Edited by billbuickgs (see edit history)

Guest my3buicks

Love the patina, and as mentioned above, the chrome is fantastic. I agree with above also, red wheels. Give it a good buff to shine up the patina.

Guest my3buicks

Wow Willie, you just told the guy he is cheap and lazy and his car looks like hell. Glad some of us can appreciate it for what it is.

Wow Willie, you just told the guy he is cheap and lazy and his car looks like hell. Glad some of us can appreciate it for what it is.

LOL Hey Willie ,

Want to trade for the Century Conv ??????

I love the comments, have owned many buick starting with a 47 Super Conv at age 15 .

My first car that I drove to work was a 56 Special 2 dr sedan with Skylark wire wheels painted Tahitian Red ,

Guest myold88

Wow, Great car. I love it just the way it is. Maybe start by refinishing the roof in factory white. The first car I ever drove by myself was my Aunt's '55 Buick Century 60+ years ago..... memories.

Is there a special club for those of us who have be chastised by Keith :D??

yea, it's called the BCA Forum, it comes with membership. JK Keith,Jk.;)

bill, I know you said it is in bad shape, but can we at least see pictures of the original interiors?

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Bill,

This is Mark, met you at the BOOM picnic. Love the chrome on your 55. Heah I am doing some major upgrades on my 56. Replacing my engine, tranny,rearend, and radiator among other things. Are you thinking about upgrading anything on your 55? I wanted to give you first dibs before I go out to others.

Mark

Bill,

This is Mark, met you at the BOOM picnic. Love the chrome on your 55. Heah I am doing some major upgrades on my 56. Replacing my engine, tranny,rearend, and radiator among other things. Are you thinking about upgrading anything on your 55? I wanted to give you first dibs before I go out to others.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thanks for thinking of me . Yes I plan on some upgrades , but not sure at this time what I will do.

I had a knee replacement on the 29th of Sept,, there was a problem and the same knee replaced again on

Oct 1. ( 3 days later )  Things are starting to feel better but it will be a long time before I can do anything.

I will pm you my  cell phone #  and we can talk !

Bill

Hi Keith,

The chrome is original !  I had bought some NOS pieces over the years with the idea

that someday I would find a rust free car that needed chrome . The original grille emblem

or as some call it  the perpeller is as nice as the NOS emblem I have .

I hope I will be able to start working on the Buick soon .

Bill