1965 Custom Arm Rest

48Super

I'd appreciate any help in locating the front section of the driver's side arm rest for a custom interior (with power windows). I was getting out of my car and carelessly bumped this piece with my knee, the results weren't pretty. Interior color is saddle tan but will consider any unbroken parts.

Thanks!

OK Mike: I have seen countless numbers of 65 Rivieras with particularly saddle colored arm rest bases that were busted up. Why saddle I wonder? Any will do to replace. You just need to paint them a gloss saddle to match.

DOUSE (WD-40) those pins that keep the door panel to the dour shell before you remove the door panel. You can also douse the nuts that hold the base from the rear too. The more fastening pins the better! Mitch

How badly did you crack / break it? Any chance of fixing it? I had a rather large crack in the plastic door panel on my Chevy Blazer and was able to fix it so it is almost impossible to see. I bought a two part epoxy at the local jobber. I already had some fiberglass cloth. I put the two part on the back side of the panel, laid some cloth on it, and used a body putty spreader to smooth the glass into the epoxy. When that was almost cured, I put another layer of epoxy on the glass and worked it in. Strong as can be and barely noticeable. If the face of the panel had of been flat instead of having a simulated vinyl grain pressed into it, it could have been sanded smooth, repainted and made invisible.

Ed

The piece took a pretty good beating but it may be possible to repair it as you suggested. I wouldn't mind finding an unbroken piece however. I'm still mad at myself for breaking this part, it WAS perfect. GRRRRRRR!!

You are taking this quite well.....If I did that to my perfect armrest

base I'd be suicidal about now. They are molded in the interior color and painting one isn't going to match the other three pieces in the car. I hate to say it, but I think if I were you I'd buy a complete set of repros and paint them so that they all will match in color and gloss, that is if someone doesn't have a mint original piece in the right color. Good luck and you have my condolences...I wish I had one to give you.

What wonderful news.....that car of yours certainly is deserving of the best possible

replacement parts. Kudos to Ted......I mean Tim, for offering up what you needed at no charge.

What a guy......too bad he doesn't play guitar!