Need to replace my muffler

My muffler failed its Virginia safety inspection. Any recommendations on a good replacement muffler that has a nice, deep sound and maybe adds an hp or two?

I've seen others on this forum mention the Dynomax Turbo. Anyone have opinions one way or another? From the photos on their website, the 17488 looks like the closest match for the TC (even though they say it won't fit).

Any insights appreciated. I have to get moving on this as the local cops seem to have little else to do but troll commuter parking lots looking for any reason to slap an expensive ticket on your car...

muffler isnt going to add any hp. a full 2.5 mandrel bent exhaust with a high flo cat and dynamax or magnaflow round from FWDp might. the who system i had on my masi powered daytona and it sounded nice. i dont think it was over 350$. universal kit.

My muffler failed its Virginia safety inspection. Any recommendations on a good replacement muffler that has a nice, deep sound and maybe adds an hp or two?

I've seen others on this forum mention the Dynomax Turbo. Anyone have opinions one way or another? From the photos on their website, the 17488 looks like the closest match for the TC (even though they say it won't fit).

Any insights appreciated. I have to get moving on this as the local cops seem to have little else to do but troll commuter parking lots looking for any reason to slap an expensive ticket on your car...

If you decide that you want an OEM direct replacement, you might want to check with Parks Auto Parts in North Charleston, SC.

They have an amazing inventory of exhaust components.

http://www.parksautoparts.com/

(Main Store)

5429 Rivers Avenue

North Charleston, SC 29406

(843) 744-6278

If you decide that you want an OEM direct replacement, you might want to check with Parks Auto Parts in North Charleston, SC.

They have an amazing inventory of exhaust components.

http://www.parksautoparts.com/

(Main Store)

5429 Rivers Avenue

North Charleston, SC 29406

(843) 744-6278

Thanks, but I want a little bit of an upgrade in terms of air flow and sound.

Do they have other OEM replacements we can use other than exhaust? Went to their website but none of the links to their parts lists worked.

Thanks, but I want a little bit of an upgrade in terms of air flow and sound.

Do they have other OEM replacements we can use other than exhaust? Went to their website but none of the links to their parts lists worked.

Yes, they are a full automotive parts chain (mechanical/electrical/brakes/exhaust/etc) and they also have a dedicated Paint & Finish store.

The "Store Locations" link works, but it appears that the website is under re-construction.

I would call and ask for whatever you're seeking.

Walker or Dynomax are both good options or you could go with a white box generic, after all it is a Chrysler part with a fancy stainless snout that can be transplanted by sawing it off at the base, bumping it up a hair with a tailpipe expander and welding it on the new muffler to maintain the original look. It's the out snout that makes our muffler so hard to find.